SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilovemyroses

replacing cecile brunner climbing, but extreme west exposure !

ilovemyroses
12 years ago

in some ways, our record heat last summer (highest number of "over 100 degree" days YET recorded for dallas!) was a good thing. my ten year old roses had the opportunity to play survival of the fittest.

and, cecile, who had a lousy deal in the first place, extreme western exposure growing up the side of the garage and over, thru the basketball hoop structure and meeting and tangling with another cecile who was planted in pea gravel (for mulch, covering regular clay soil)...so, it really was a tough situation.

one cecile made it, but, altho they are beautiful. i am using it as an opportunity to change out AT LEAST one (right) side of that garage wire trellis.

(i am a collector rather than a landscaper, so i can live without symmetry.) any color is fine, and i may dig out the damaged (left) side, too. no thorns (LOW THORN COUNT) is a plus, main objective is REPEAT BLOOM!! SUPPLE training with long canes is needed, as opposed to climbing pinkie, who really wants to be a big arching bush! :)

thinking about cramoisi soupert, climbing. blaze. golden celebration. but it at least needs to cover 12 to 14 feet.

( i have reve d'or, lamarque, silver moon, cornelia, buff beauty, aloha, madame alfred carriere , don juan, z.d., mermaid, climbing pinkie, elsewhere )

any ideas appreciated! (going to chamblee's soon!)

Comments (19)