SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hartwood_gw

Garden Symposium & Rose Festival at Lynchburg's Old City Cemetery

hartwood
14 years ago

The annual Garden Symposium presented by the Old City Cemetery in Lynchburg, Virginia, is being held on May 5th and 6th this year, along with their annual Rose Festival on May 8th. (The 2-day Symposium used to be in March)

This year, theyÂve asked me to present the program on roses. I had already started working on a presentation that I was calling ÂRoses 101Â. They loved the idea, and thatÂs what I will talk about on the morning of the 6th.

Other presenters are:

Paul Westerly, with a program on pairing perennials and grasses with roses.

Laurie Jamerson, talking about all aspects of growing and choosing boxwood

And Tom Burford, the EXPERT, will tell us all about historic apples and take us on a tour of the orchard.

Now that I look at the schedule and description of the programs in the brochure, it looks like all four of us will be running outside with the attendees to show them stuff in the cemetery. I hope it doesn't rain.

All of us in the East get pretty jealous when we see the fun they have at the Sacramento Cemetery at their Open Garden day in April. We can have some cemetery rose fun here on our Coast, too  LynchburgÂs Rose Festival is on Saturday, May 8th  there will be tours and plenty of roses for sale, propagated from the roses in the cemetery.

All the details are on the CemeteryÂs web site: www.gravegarden.org. I did a blog post yesterday with photos that I took in Lynchburg a couple of years ago, and I also included the Symposium brochure.

I have met quite a few GW friends in Lynchburg at their first two Symposiums. Who is coming this year?

Connie

Here is a link that might be useful: Blog

Comments (10)