SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
altoramaboston

This should be interesting. But hopefully not.

altorama Ray
12 years ago

Got divorced, house being foreclosed on, blah blah blah. Found out over the winter that the new place, which is in public housing, would be ready in March. Have about 60 roses.

THIS place has a bigger yard with more sun and I can do whatever I want in it, so, whenever the ground wasn't frozen I just dug up whatever roses I could and put them in the porch. Moved a few weeks ago, same town, so every day went back and dug up more roses. Didn't cut anything back and looked like a fool stuffing Veilchenblau and Complicata into my old station wagon, haha, but like I was really going to leave Prinz Hirtzenprinzen or Glenn Dale or Blush Hip there, no way! No lables, I honestly thought I would be able to recognize the rose when I had to plant it, WRONG. So, just got the last one planted, half of them I have NO IDEA of the identity. I wonder what the garden will look like in a few months. The ones I planted 2 weeks ago look great, I think they'll all survive.

Funny, I thought losing my house was the end of the world but I actually like it better here. And I get to keep my roses.

Comments (25)