SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sparklynnrose

Do I want Ghislaine de Feligonde or Reve d'Or on my pergola?

sparklynnrose
14 years ago

Okay experts:

I have a 16 x 16 (ish) pergola that's probably 10 feet tall, and I need a rose for one corner. The pergola "posts" are stucco columns about a foot square, and not narrow posts, so the rose will most likely go straight up the columns and not wrap around them.

I'm in the Phoenix area -- read: HOT AND DRY, but winter hardiness is not a concern. In summertime, the pergola gets full morning sun; by late afternoon it's getting some shade from large pines in my front yard, and then the house itself. It gets somewhat less sun in winter due to tall trees on the south end of my yard. Also, the rose will go on one of the southern columns, so once it reaches the top it will technically be growing "away" from the sun.

One other corner of the pergola (an adjacent corner, not diagonally) will be getting either Veilchenblau, White Dawn, or a wisteria, so any comments about playing well with others would also be helpful. The other 2 corners are against the pool deck and won't be planted.

Note that I have both GdF and Reve in my possession right now, so I am NOT looking for additional suggestions! :)

Thanks!!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz