SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dapper_gw

First year gardening and starting seeds indoors

dapper
16 years ago

I have a 72 count peat pot flat, a 12 count peat pod flat, 12 dixie cups in an aluminum foil baking pan with clear plastic lid. Most everything is coming up but here is my discription.

Everything that has started sproting have pretty long stems, the stems are hitting the plastic tops and coming back down. All the stems are white in color. None of the clear plastic lids have any condensation on them and they never have. I have two of these flats on the frig downstairs. I burn wood for heat and the stove is in the basement. It probably stays 75 to 85 degrees downstairs, and 70 to 80 upstairs. The wood stove is vented through our ventilation system. So heat is not a problem I don't believe. I planted veggies on March 3, and flowers on March 4 and 5. They may be doing what they are supposed to but I have never seen any before. I have read don't put any under lights from a flat and take the plastic cover off until all have sprouted. I am not sure if I should start putting some of them under lights or not. I worried about having watered them too much fro mthe start. I just don't know what I should be doing if anything. I am thinking of putting a heat blanket on the table and set al lthe flats on top of it.

Comments (4)