SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnysideuphill

I shouldn't do it, but I'm gonna....extended winter whine

sunnysideuphill
16 years ago

I am going to go buy some of those post-Valentine's day discounted miniroses tonight. I will give them my best shot at survival (last year I had a 50% survival into summer). But even if they are only temporary, they will be ROSES and NOW.

I had a gentleman cut a drainage line through the snow pack next to my house this morning because water is seeping into the sunroom foundation and from there into my basement, and I am too tired and sore from chipping ice to do it myself.

I bought a second pair of ice creepers because getting from the house to the barn to take care of my ungrateful hens resembles a surface only NHL pros could appreciate.

I put on snow shoes and stamped down a space through the ice crust so that my poor little dog could squat and squirt without having her legs shoot out from under her.

I had to go to an appointment out the County Road, which hasn't seen sand or salt in days cuz the town is running low. It was 15 mph over washboard ice ruts.

I need to spend two hours hauling in firewood tonight but first have to chip the ice seal away from the door that goes to the woodpile under the deck.

I need ROSES. Maybe WINE and ROSES.

I have six roses ordered for April. I can make it, I can make it, I can make it......

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!