SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alameda_gw

Pioneer Roses from Antique Rose Emporium

Just got my 2014 catalog today - there are 8 new Pioneer roses! I love these roses - now am probably going to have to pick up some of these when I visit in April.

I don't hear many comments about these roses on the forums. Do many of you grow them? If so, which ones do you grow and which do you like? Any photos?

I grow and like Star of the Republic [wish it would bloom a little more, but smells so good and the blooms are gorgeous], Cole's Settlement [tall and a lovely though not heavy scent but one I really like - large blooms], FJ Lindheimer [beautiful yellow/orange blooms, may need another of these], Forever Irene [been with me a year, blooms well, pretty, seems to be staying small], Joe Woodard [nice yellow, smaller blooms], Miss Lillian [love the scent], Old Baylor - [larger type shrub, healthy, lots of blooms all the time], Sweet Verlin [smaller shrub, beautiful pink blooms], Thomas Affleck [great shrub, gorgeous hot pink blooms, always in bloom], Sweet Frances [new last year, growing well].

They seem very well suited for growing in a cottage garden with other plants.
Judith

Comments (44)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths