SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jbander1

My old rose bush

jbander
12 years ago

The rose is in the best spot on my property for sun. 6-8 hours, Sorry ,didn't tell you were I lived, I live in Zimmerman Mn, just 50 miles NW of Minneapolis. Sorry No pictures it's under the snow right now, I was given some time to think about things, by cutting the tip of my middle finger off with a router. So I can't do my work or hobbies. It gave me the time to realize that it would be a shame to let this die . The plant is next to the sidewalk by our front door ,It has its own 10 square ft razed garden to live in.. There is so little amount of it growing, that there really isn't anything to prune. I never have. My mother had it growing healthy, it was about 3 ft high and 3 feet across and the roots would make it want to always get bigger, I remember her putting egg shells on it and coffee grounds. But she had a place to put everything in the yard. For one reason or another . Theres globe arborvitae growing right next to it but it isn't in the raised garden. The Closest tree is maybe 30 ft away and it doesn't throw shade on this spot. It is really sandy here but when I raise the garden the rose is in, I put black dirt in to fill it. NO real weed problem there,

Comments (21)