SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anntn6b

Combined Rose List: where to find roses

anntn6b
14 years ago

For many searches, HelpMeFind is what we need. But there are other searches that need a bit more scope.

The Combined Rose List is published annually in the spring and lists a huge number of rose sellers, internationally, with their websites, email contacts and whether or not they export and to which countries.

Most roses are listed under multiple names (in the opinion of the authors).

If I want to know which nurseries plan to offer a rose in 2010, I'll look up a specific rose in the CRL that will come out in late February.

For historical searches (for the past decade) many Botanical Gardens have the older CRL's in their libraries, so I can see if particular roses have been offered in the past decade or two...which at least gives hope that someone bought them and they are still out there, in a garden with a label.

I belonged to a local rose society for years and never heard about the CRL until a local mini grower showed me her copy. She had some minis that were no longer listed and kept meaning to send her list in; sadly, she started having memory problems and her roses are understandably not a priority for her family.

Anyway, it's a resource that you need to know exists.

Here is a link that might be useful: Combined Rose List

Comments (4)