SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quinnfyre

Arrgh! Why do I keep doing this to myself?

quinnfyre
16 years ago

So, I was in Trader Joe's and they always have a selection of orchids costing on avg about $12.99. Usually, I can resist but I was feeling the need for an orchid (I blame the roommate and her new orchid acquisition) and saw this lovely and interesting looking orchid, and well, it came home with me. Now here's the problem. I assumed that it was some sort of oncidium, as Trader Joe's seemed to only have phalanopsis or oncidium orchids in their inventory. I just checked the tag though, and it's a Beallara, Tahoma Glacier 'Sugar Sweet' to be exact.

I'm not an orchid expert, so I've never heard of Beallaras before and I'm not having great luck finding out how to care for them, only how to buy more. (Don't need that right now...) So, any help would be greatly appreciated. And maybe sometime I'll quit getting something interesting that I don't know how to take care of (yeah, right...)

Oh, by the way, I have two south facing windows, a fairly warm room because it is the top floor and I wish I knew what the humidity level is, but I've been waiting for my thermometer/hygrometers to arrive for way too long, so I can only estimate that it is somewhat higher than avg due to the fact that I have a lot of other plants in my room; however, not especially humid.

Thanks so much!

Comments (6)