SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Join me for a Late October Walk

gardenbug
17 years ago

Today has been very odd in terms of weather. Every five minutes something new is going on, be it rain, sun or snow. Here are some familiar scenes for you, but the sky makes them a little more unusual than before I think.

First the barn...

{{gwi:184506}}

The Amsonia contrasts nicely with Sedum Purple Emperor these days.

{{gwi:184507}}

The fruit on the Euonymus europeus is always fun and bright.

{{gwi:184508}}

Down in the flats the hostas have changed colour but I haven't got round to pruning off the leaves yet.

{{gwi:184509}}

Near the bridge the rose hips are still going strong:

{{gwi:184510}}

The ornamental grasses really delight me at this time!

{{gwi:184511}}

This one is Miscanthus Huron Sunrise, a gift from Janie. I wonder what ever became of dear Janie!

{{gwi:184512}}

Here you see that the corn has been harvested and now you can see the gravel pit behind. :-(

{{gwi:184513}}

Soon we will have workmen here to deal with water seepage issues, so this is the 'before' photo of the patio area.

{{gwi:184514}}

A shot I don't usually take- from the main bathroom window. NouNou cat likes this view alot.

{{gwi:184515}}

Today is the peak day for the Tamarack trees. Their golden colour makes your heart skip a beat!

{{gwi:184516}}

Now just look who showed up for a surprise vist! I managed this photo from the upstairs window...in "Sue's room". Later we saw two more and a baby.

{{gwi:184517}}

And finally, just a pretty Fall shot of the willow tree by the house while it has a few leaves left on it!

{{gwi:184518}}

Time for a warm drink, don't you think?

'bug

Comments (15)