SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cemeteryrose

Pruning Party, Sacramento Historic Rose Garden, Jan 18

cemeteryrose
10 years ago

I know that few of you are in the Sacramento area, but we've had a couple of Livermore and other people come to work in our garden in the past, so I thought that I would mention that we are having our pruning party on Sat, Jan 18, from 9-3. If you are able to come, we could use the help. We serve lunch so I'd like to know if you are coming. My phone number is 715-7294. Area code is 916. Email is anitac @ surewest. net (no spaces).

Mark your calendars for April 12's Open Garden, too.

I work with volunteers in the garden on Tues and Sat mornings so if you ever want to join in, you are welcome. If you come to Sacramento from out of town, please let me know so that I can meet you to show you the garden. The cemetery is closed on Wed and Thurs; otherwise open to the public for free.

We are in the midst of a relentless drought and the city is imposing watering restrictions, so we are terribly worried. The good news is that we've been able to be out in the garden without interruption, under crystal blue skies. The lack of cloud cover has given us many sub-freezing nights so the once-blooming OGRs should give us a good show. Some roses are pushing new leaves already so it is anybody's guess when the spring bloom will be or how long it will last.

In any case - come prune if you can! Drop by if you are in the area! Come to the Open Garden!
Anita

Comments (3)