SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherry_roma

Mme Testout needs some beer with her pretzels.

sherryocala
14 years ago

DH is not a wimp, Jon, and he was very helpful. So there.

{{gwi:224327}}

{{gwi:224328}}

{{gwi:224329}}

My next adventure will be Mt Everest.

The photos are less than perfect. The sun was way too bright.

I removed one main cane and the lowest side cane, untied and detangled her. That was the worst part. Setting the main canes free with their multiple long sideshoots was a bit hairy. DH worked on two of them - looping the sideshoots which turned out to be REALLY helpful because I then just had to lean the cane back into place (the last one) and tie it up, then tweak the loops a little. I only broke a couple, probably in the detangling procedure. This was a true puzzle or like a game of pickup sticks. What goes where? I didn't have enough length on most of the canes to do anything but downward loops. A few of them at the end went into s-curves. It definitely gets easier the more you have tied down. If you're claustrophobic, you might have a problem when she decides to wrap her arms around you unless someone's there to set you free. I'm amazed how small she is now. Maybe I wrapped her a little too tight. I hope not. She was more flexible than I thought she'd be. She really does look all in a wad. She's got a lot of swollen budeyes now - just in time for temps in the 20's for the next 3 or 4 nights. I think in this configuration she'll be bushier. That's the point, right? And no long-@## canes grabbing passers-by. Did I do OK?

Sherry

Comments (13)