SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zaphod42_gw

Heirloom's new process and procedure for orders

zaphod42
10 years ago

So, I've been patiently waiting for Heirloom to turnover their website for 2014 availability. A number of the things I wanted aren't currently in stock. Finally, I called. I guess the new owners have decided to update weekly as things become available. Even if they know they'll have a bunch available in a couple months, they aren't posting them until good to go. We'll have to keep checking and order in ones and twos. If you do this online, you'll end up with multiple shipping charges. You'll actually have to call each time and have it added to a previous order.

Also, if roses aren't planned for production, they'll need a list of people requesting it until they determine there are enough people who want it so they'll then produce. My understanding is that you aren't actually officially on a wait list and won't be notified if it goes into production. You'll have to just randomly keep calling back until it officially is in production. (I might have misunderstood this point. Please correct me if I'm wrong.) You can get on a wait list if things are already in production. I've been buying from Heirloom since I first started growing roses and have always been happy with their product but, I find this process somewhat tedious. You would think if they were changing their model so much, they'd have a better requests and waiting list system set up.

So, I guess, in order to get things we are interested in, we will have to coordinate more in regards to specific varieties i.e. the recent thread regarding Peach Silk.

I just thought I'd put this out there in case anyone else is waiting for a big 2014 release from Heirloom. Maybe the new process has already circulated and I missed it.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!