SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tessiess

Moores Old Rose?

Anyone know where I can get Moores Old Rose? Years ago, probably 1993 or 1994 I went out to the Huntington to tour the gardens when deciding on some of the old garden roses for my yard and happened to see Moores Old Rose there. I took a copy of an old garden rose catalog with me, and on the inside of the front cover and back cover I wrote notes on some of the varieties I liked (and didn't--funny I still have the same taste and gravitate towards the same roses!). Sometimes with comments, sometimes not. With Moores Old Rose I put 2 x's by it as I liked it A LOT. Well there's nothing on Help Me Find. Nada at Vintage through its search engine. It is listed in the bed inventory at the Huntington still, but with very little info. It's noted to be a found rose, in bed 1 east, is pink, and listed as a bourbon. Does anyone know more about this rose? Might someone have taken cuttings and be selling it at one of the upcoming open garden events????

I was at the Great Rosarians event last Sunday, but didn't even venture out into the gardens (wasn't supposed to be much in bloom, or so I assumed!). However I was very, very entranced by what was happening indoors.... Gregg Lowery was terrific, Ruth Knopf a gem, Peter Kukielksi engaging, and Clair Martin dedicated as ever! Mike Shoup was there from ARE too! Plus there were the yummy rose delicacies from Huntington staffers Judy Polinsky (a book is in the works) and Myriam Hu. Wish I'd thought to inquire about this rose then, but I was in rose heaven.:) Too many things to ask from too many really nice and wonderful people I'd longed to meet over the years. My head was kind of in a fog!

Comments (17)