SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
savtaj

sick-room update - not pretty!

savtaj
15 years ago

My "hospital" is pretty busy these days -quite a large turnover of patients. Here are some pictures- I warn you, though, they're a rather sorry sight!

The fungus-infected Miltonia was returned to the fold a short time ago, after being symptom-free for about two weeks. It looks so forlorn with its cut-down leaves and accordion pleats. However, is that new growth peeking out from between the leaves???

{{gwi:199727}}

Two weeks after starting new, improved treatment for my rootless phal, the lowest leaf has become almost completely yellow. But there is no deterioration in the other leaves -

in fact the newest leaf seems to have grown a bit - or is it my imagination? No sign of new roots yet.

{{gwi:199728}}

{{gwi:199729}}

And lastly, the catt. that recovered from a bacterial infection way back in May produced a keiki complete with its own roots over the last month. I wasn't thrilled, because I view this as a sign of distress in the mother plant. However, the remainder of the plant seems in good shape, with two fat, green pbulbs and two new leads, all firmly anchored in the medium. I potted up the keiki in a small container with fine bark mix, but am keeping it in hospital for observation, until I'm sure there's no further sign of infection.

I need some good news quick - a spike, a sheath, ANYTHING!

Judy

Comments (6)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor