SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Mid Week Musin'

endorphinjunkie
16 years ago

A holiday week this week.

Was wondering what Dad and I were going to do for Thanskgiving. This morning, we get a call from my SIL inviting us to spend Thanksgiving at her parents' house. Most years, one of the siblings will come through. They come through on Christmas, too. Don't ask about any other day of the year, though.

Last week I scored another solar panel on ebay, for a good price.

{{gwi:200954}}

It's a 55 watt panel and will add another three amps to my array. That brings the total peak amps up to around 15 amp hours for my array. That's enough to power everything in the sunroom, if I only run my laptops. Picked up several deep cycle batteries this past weekend. This puts my amp hour capacity at 750 amp hours. That's 750 amp hours at a 20 amps per hour drain. *Reminds himself to be very careful around that fully charged battery bank.* For those times where clouds don't mind and the sun don't shine. Modest, I know, but one can surprise oneself with how much energy one can save by realizing the biggest way to gain energy is by not wasting it. And we all waste it.

Probably won't install the panel until Friday, when the weather is suposed to be clear. It's not at the moment, it has rained heavy all day and thunderstorms are predicted over night. The temp Monday was in the low 80's, today the mid 60's. Tomorrow's high, after the front storms through, is mid 40's. Sweater weather to be sure. Wonder if SIL's parents have a fireplace.

Picked up a store bought coconut pie at the grocery store this afternoon. I here it calling my name. Hmm, reminds me of an old thread by Maryanne, something about a pie emergency. I liked that, yes, it fits nicely...

Ed and Bill have nothing on me.....'cept maybe a windmill or two.

Happy Thankgiving, everyone.

Elia

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions