SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sun_n_surf_chaser

normal

17 years ago

I'm not sure where to start. I've stared at this screen for an hour. My thoughts and words are disjointed and random but I guess that's normal. Whatever normal means. Jimmy and I are in a deep depression. They say that's normal. We're emotionally crippled. Every negative emotion one can have; sorrow,hopelessness, fear, anger, guilt, despair,listlessness, anguish, pain, aloneless and despondency are all turned up to the maxium in our minds, our hearts and our bodies. No room for anything positive or even logical. Such a weight, this greif, that one can't find their own logic. There isn't any room left.That too is normal.

To compound the new normal, one feels this will be your new normal forever. A thousand people could tell us different and we would only offer up doubt. My old logic tells me everything changes. I say my old logic because everything that seemed to make sense and was true, no longer makes sense and seems not to be true. Right now, I would be the last person in a room to bet the farm that one plus one equals two. Reasoning now seems as unreachable as my hand touching the moon. Feeing as if you're going insane is.....normal.

Two weeks ago I paced for over an hour. I had decided to go up to the police station, try to take one of their guns out of their holsters so they would shoot me dead. I got as far as taking my pjs off and putting my jeans and shoes on. I eventually figured that in my weakened state, I wouldn't have a chance and they'd send me to the hospital and I don't need that cost right now. Last night I looked in the frig for the Windex. Last tuesday after circling in the grocery store being totally lost, I threw a can of pumpkin. It landed in a bin of walnuts. Sunday, a week ago my sister and her husband came to visit and watch the ballgame. I called her over to the washer and said: "Help me put Lindsey's clothes in the washer." I must of hit that fluff button on the dryer 9 times until finally, friday, I folded them. Jimmy and I sat there discussing each piece of clothing in length, smoothing the fabric out, wishing Lindsey was inside them.

I have the dry heaves. I can't understand why, I barely get a half a piece of toast in me per day. Jimmy has always been one laid back cat. He has panic attacks now. He spends his days reliving that last night, tormenting himself with what ifs.

We look into each other's eyes and with complete love and honesty admit that if this is it, it will surely kill us.

The ones that say this is normal also say we'll turn a corner. I don't know whether I should ask you to pray that we believe we will turn a corner or ask you to pray that we turn this corner. I have no clue, I'm out of logic.

~di

Comments (17)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company
More Discussions