SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_797466905

What would you do?? What is a normal time of project going over?

Gela Captain
last month

Hi! We are in the end stages of a partial downstairs remodel. It began at the end of September. New kitchen and kitchen into dining into living room walls were sheet rocked b/c of previous ugly textured surface. New small powder room and new tile flooring in kitchen, hallway and powder room. One 6 foot wall wall was pushed back 3 feet in kitchen, and EVERY THING ELSE IS PRE EXISITNG. Same wood floors in lving and dining. Our end date and final walk through was supposed to be the 2nd week of January. We are still living in our bedroom. The painter's stuff is still in our entry way b/c he has to finish. That's another story. BTW, he drives almost 2 hours to and from and shows up at 10 and leaves at 2. We have a project manager. He has hung up on my husband twice when my husband told him that he needed to meet us at our home b/c we have things that are not acceptable for a $2++,000 job.. Company seemed reputable when we hired them. The paint job is questionable. The sheet rocked walls that we got b/c we wanted smooth, are a little rough b/c apparently the sheet rocker sanded??? There are lots of little painting mistakes, but a lot of little adds up to one big mistake, you know? I'll show some photos and painters and the like, please chime in to tell us if we're being ridiculous. I hate to complain when we have a lovely house, but I AM OVER LIVING IN OUR BEDROOM AN D DISPLACED. No time frame has been given to us as to completion.

We have had no one at our house for a week at a time for a few months now. paint on new tile, splatters on newly painted trim, new trim and sills seem to not have been sanded and these brush stokes...

new french doors sheet rock? paint?

weather stripping?

new base board heater

is the painting done? Mind you, we have speckles as well, of green on our new trim from the roller

Comments (29)