SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michaelalreadytaken

Great Questions Of Our Time

We're all familiar with the over or under toilet paper controversy that has wrecked so many lives, flushing countless relationships as it were.

Then there's the leave the lid up/leave the lid down paradox that's directly responsible for the surge in antidepressant usage.

And yet, there is another issue--far more insidious.

It's the: do the dirty dishes go into the sink that houses the garbage disposer or into the ordinary sink on the other side?

I'm sure all right thinking, spiritually intact, educated, productive, wholesome, people will agree that the dirty dishes go into the "plain" sink--and not into the sink containing the garbage disposer.

I do realize that the mere existence of a sink equipped with a garbage disposer activates some neural circuits that associate "dirty" with "dirty" thus promoting the automatic placement of soiled dishes and utensils into that sink most closely associated with the disposal of the mess.

However, those of us who've had algebra should know that f(x)=y and that sometimes what a thing represents is not actually what it is and that we must engage in as many as two structured thoughts if we wish to achieve one correct answer.

Yes, entertaining two structured thoughts is twice as much work as merely engaging in one thought, very wearisome and I grant you, seemingly life-threatening for some people.

However, it can save us from the even more debilitating and humiliating physical task of having to remove the dirty dishes from the disposer sink in order to gain access to the disposer function.

These are the basics.

At a more esoteric level one has to consider the effect upon the impulse/no impulse "go/no go" associated with impulsively cleaning the dishes when confronted with the opportunity, time, and desire to do so.

One must consider whether or not being confronted with a stack of dishes in the "wrong" sink is a powerful enough demotivator so as to provoke a response of: "-_-_ ---- _-_-," which is merely a cruder, more succinct version of the phrase "Oh, but hell no...etc."

I realize the issue is mind boggling with no clear answer and yet, I think by turning to the words of the prophet we can gain some insight, clarity, and yes, hope for the future:

I know what you're thinking. "Did he rinse six plates or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a Kenmore Super HD, the most powerful garbage disposer in the world, fully capable of grinding up a pork chop bone, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky?

Well, do ya, punk?

MichaelAT

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz