SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onewheeler

Speaking of facial creams, do you have sensitivites?

onewheeler
13 years ago

Last winter I kept waking up at night with my nose stuffed as if I had a bad cold. When I got up in the morning all was fine after I washed my face.

At first I thought it was my feather pillows so I washed them and bought new covers for them. That didn't change the situation. So I started thinking about what I do when I go to bed that is different from any other time of day. The night cream was the answer. As soon as I stopped using it the problem went away. I tried numerous creams till it got to the point where I felt I was pouring money down the drain. Now all I use is pure olive oil or a bit of vaseline.

Day creams and sunscreens are the same except that I get a sore throat and cold symptoms, watery eyes, etc. Again tried many brands, neutrogena, olay, avon, noxema, etc.

My question is, do you have these senstitivites to creams and what is the specific thing in the products to cause these reactions. I am going back to my doctor in January and asking him to refer me to an allergist but in the meantime winter is here and I really would like to find an inexpensive night cream that will not cause these reactions.

Thanks all.

Valerie

Comments (7)