SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Weekend Journal-How did you sepend yours?

rob333 (zone 7b)
15 years ago

Halloween. For LF's birthday I made him the Danny Phantom costume, complete with hair stuff. He wore it the 24th when the school had its annual trunk or treat, haunted school deal. So he didn't want to wear it again. Even if he did look great!, 'specially the hair. Ed loves to dress up so much, I always think of group costumes. At dinner on Thursday LF and I were brainstorming (Ed was at the Predators, company's box seats) and we came up with the {{gwi:198050}}. LF as Timmy, donning a pink shirt and hat, I as Wanda with her pink swirl hair, and Ed as Cosmo. I liked it. Wanda gets to say, Cosmo, you idiot! a lot, and it seemed easy for us to do. It was a hit. Young and old recognized us, it was funny that a 6 foot tall and 5'4" foot woman would pretend to be fairies, and most of all, we were a family. Everywhere we went, you'd hear kids going, Hey look! Wanda and Cosmo! You're the fairly odd parents, aren't you? LF really liked it. And he hauled home a heaving bucket of candy. At one point, LF said, look a guy from "olden" times. I said, nope, that's Hugh Hefner; it was a guy with a smoking jacket on. And then his dog came trotting up wearing a bunny outfit. Too hilarious!!! He leaned over to Ed and me and said, "Yep, I have tricks and treats".

Saturday. Not only do I have water, and I have hot water, the brand new washer/dryer closet is set in the plumbing arena. Together, Ed and I found all the leftover pieces of plumbing from the old bathroom and "Frankensteined" plumbing which snaked under the floor about 3 or 4 feet into its new position. Yea, recycling at its best! Then we lay down the plywood underlayment for the floor. Its on top of the old floor which is partially hardwood and partially plywood. It had to be covered since it was a) ugly, and b) there are holes in some in the hardwood. What can I say, it's an old house. Some places we restore and some you just deal with. A hardwood floor in the master bedroom closet and w/d closet just didn't make sense here, so plywood with vinyl on one side and the other we haven't decided. Next, we put up the drywall in the master bedroom. That was it for Saturday. LF watched movies and lazed about eating his hoard of candy all day. It was 180 degrees from the last Saturday, pleasant and productive. Oh yea, while I was waiting on Ed to eat lunch and get plumging odds and ends, like the w/d hook up box, I stained the new bathroom mouldings, installed the towel hooks, hung the picture, and the toilet paper holder. And biggest brother Mark fixed the light bar, so all that is left is tweak this and tweak that. Done. Danggit, I wish I had the camera.

Sunday. Ed had to work the Titans game, yea we're undefeated still!, so LF and I went to Starbucks, the grocery store, and then Opry Mills for lunch and a movie. We ended up at the Rainforest Cafe and I had the shrimp platter, while LF ate dinosaur shaped chicken. There were no movies to be found! There are two kid movies coming out, but haven't yet, and no decent movies that I thought LF could see that were PG-13 or R (very select movies here. He knows words are words and we don't hide bodies in our house, but the storyline has to be outstanding for him to see one), so we came home. I'd decided last week that I'd get the porch tool free and in the locked tool cabinet because we can't find anything. It's obnoxious. And I'm tired of having a tool repository in my kitchen. So Saturday I took out what we needed for the current project and then put it away. Sunday, it was time to put the plan into action. I took every tool out the kitchen, off of the porch and into the cabinet and/or garage. That was it. Until the end of the day when it was done, and then I cleaned like a mad woman. My house looks and smells good now. No more tripping over miter saws when cooking. Ah. Much more better. I hung a double towel rack in front of the sink. I'm not sure I like it there, but it may end up in the kitchen yet. I also scrubbed every paint, stain, drywall, etc. droplet on the bathroom floor. I haven't been sealing it, and finally figure out, it's because I don't want it to have any dirt on it when I do. I can now seal it. And put the cabinet in. And the porch is entertaining ready. Glad it inspired so much. I love love love the cleanliness and the organization. I'm inspired enough to find a better system for the tools now. It's all in the cabinet, but I think boxes of project stuff is even better, e.g. a box full of plumbing stuff, such solder, teflon tape, copper caps, etc., a box full of electrical stuff, such as wing nuts, plate covers, etc. You get the picture. Mostly, I am looking forward to dinner on the patio tonight. LF is gonna love that!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals
More Discussions