SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

Why can't California have mosquitoes?

sammy zone 7 Tulsa
16 years ago

We live in Oklahoma where there are loads of mosquitoes, and there is the hottest sun.

I asked my daughter the other day if she used bug spray when she walked her cats, and she said that California doesn't have mosquitoes like Oklahoma does. I am so jealous.

I have to spray for mosquitoes. We have a creek running through the back of our yard, and the spray is necessary. If I put on a sun block first, the OFF doesn't seem to work as well. (I use Deep Woods Off). My skin looks funny. My forearms are dark brown, but my upper arms are white. I have so much sun on the back of my neck. I know the greasy texture of the Off must attract the sun.

Do any of you use a product that you find tolerable to ward off the dangerous rays of sun and bugs?

I have not seen any advertised, and I think Avon is the only place where I am aware of one being sold. I don't really like their products, and would like to find something else. I must have the strong Deet since the mosquitoes are so awful. They are bad all season, not just now.

Do you have suggestions?

Sammy

Comments (26)