SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hippychick_gw

Update; Thank you for B-day wishes

hippychick
15 years ago

Hello to all on the GW.

Carla, thank you (and others) for thinking of me on my birthday.

Please forgive me if I do not remember what or when was the last time I posted. Things have been so crazy around here.

I graduated and remember posting about that. Right after I graduated we found out that Dewayne had Stage IV colon cancer.

I dropped out of my masters program (clinical social work) to care for him in the fall. We finally married in December, he died on Feb. 25 of this year.

My grandson is doing Ok. He's grieving quite a bit, I have him in grief and loss play therapy. He's starting to do a bit better now.

I am ok. Not sure what I am going to do right now. I have the option of re-registering for the fall semester, or going back to Austin. There may be other options that I don't yet see, so I'm taking it slow and letting it all play out in it's own time.

The private university I was attending raised it's prices yet again, and they do not offer scholarships for masters, even with a GPA like mine, so I am considering my options for other schools.

I miss Dewayne quite a bit. We made it almost seven years. He said that the cancer was the greatest blessing he had ever received because he learned so much about love, truth, and being grateful for what and who he had in his life. He died peacefully, at home, in my arms. It was just under a year from the time he was diagnosed.

My roses are all still so beautiful this year. Dewayne loved Jude the Obscure the most, and they are stunning this spring. In full bloom right now, with just about everything else.

It amazes me how well and beautiful my roses are, even while being neglected. I did go out in early February and take my anger out on them while pruning. Cut out some dead wood etc. but that has been the extent of my care. The fragrance on my front porch is just Heaven... no other words for it.

I send my best blessing to all.. much love, Terri

Comments (7)