SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathyjane_gw

Humble Thank-You For The B'Day Wishes...

kathyjane
16 years ago

My dear friends, AKA Garden Buds----thank you so much for the happy wishes and kind words only real friends would know how to say!

You honest and truly made my turning another year older very SPECIAL....and I can't believe you still remember me!!

(Jan, thank you for being such a sweetie! Marda---so funny----I think Ron doctored that pic up a little a few years back and removed a ton of crows' feet! :o)

I didn't mean to ever stay away like this--- it's just that I am so tired mentally and physically at night, I'm only good for about three solitare games or one jigsaw puzzle!

Trying to be coherent is embarrassing----I could ramble on like Rev used to and no one would understand---well, sort of...I didn't mean that in a bad way----I just think I'm beginning to understand how one becomes reclusive---there is too much noise and friction coming at a person all day, so when they get home at night, they just want quiet.

Maybe that's not true for most; maybe I'm just a tired piece after so many years...who knows--sometimes it really frustrates me the way I'll forget something I thought I'd done--and hadn't----that uses a LOT of energy right there!

GUFFAW!

Biggest thing is, I have come to the point where much of my solace comes from the garden---maybe it's a crutch, but I don't think so---I really NEED quiet and doing something holy---and I truly believe this is a path to one's

holiness, of sorts; (Well, mine, I guess.) or ones' true meaning in/of life, such as it is.

Maybe there is just a lot of catching up to do---and there is only so much time left----I'm sure we can ALL relate to THAT! :o)

Didn't mean to ramble on---I just meant to say thank you!!

PS: DD, Max and hubby from ATL were here for a year. They just moved to Nthrn Va last week for his dream job.

I miss them so much.

I was paid a visit this week by a young man now grown, who has his father's beautiful eyes ----not the depth, nor quite the sparks of a mecurial thinker, but it was a nice visit and it made me miss days gone by, time lost and opprotunities

left behind as daily life claimed the hours, days, months, years.

We're all writing our own books, aren't we?

I feel priviledged to have my name remembered by so many, so many who have shared and taught me so much through this forum.

I savour this time and place.

KJ

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction
More Discussions