SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kandaceshirley

NEW: Valentine's Day Wishes

kandaceshirley
16 years ago

Anyone interested in doing a wishes swap for Valentine's day? I'll host. The rules are basic - post your wishes, wants, desires, themes. Mail them by January 31st with an address label, return postage (if you want me to send it with confirmation send the extra for that), and small piece of chocolate (we have to have chocolate for valentine's, don't we? - but we also don't want it to squish). Also send any "valentiney" type flowers/seeds and I'll distribute them as evenly as possible. I'll send yours back to you in time for Valentine's day. Because this is a wishes swap seeds you've recieved in trade are fair game to send in as long as you're pretty sure of the source and they're still viable. If you sign up and decide to drop out later, please let me know. Sorting of seeds for each participant into individual envelopes is encouraged :D

Comments (107)

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

weeds105 I also looked at your seed list, and would love to have any of these you are willing to share with me...

aster autumn lollipop 2007
    columbine dragonfly
    coral vine pink
    coreopsis creme brulee
    sweet dreams ***
    echinacea padllida
    love in a mist-any
    painted tongue
    citrus cocktail calendula **

I hope to have my seeds out by the end of the week..I still dont know...are we doing a straight swap too, or just the wish lists ?? Thanks !

BTW anyone out there interested in columbine ? Not all are named..

• skohler
    16 years ago

I would love any painted tongues ,or coral vines
    Really looking for any yellow Morning glories .

kandi so glad they arrived so soon I figured they would arrive today so that was quick :)) .

it was fund & thank you.

susie

• Related Discussions

New Game!!!! Valentine's Day Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Q

Comments (35)
    Attention Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today is last day for signing up for BINGO,So anyone else wanting to play needs to get your words to me by 6pm today after that games closed to new players! I will start the game this evenning! We have Sweet 16 player's so far! I hope everyone has fun,and Good luck to you all! Hugs Susan
    ...See More

WANTED: Valentine Wishes

Q

Comments (1)
    Thanks Janet! Just wanted to let you know that I haven't overlooked our exchange! I am waiting for warmer days... And Happy Valentine's Day! Carolyn the Gardninlady
    ...See More

NEW: Valentine's Day Swap!

Q

Comments (73)
    Purplefirefly, you have until the 7th of Feb. to send out. So, you should have enough time to add the seeds! You can send anytime you like up until that date, which I hope everyone can have their boxes mailed by then because our mail has been just awful since a few weeks before Christmas. Hoping that getting it out a week prior to Valentine's day will give our packages plenty of time to reach our pal's. I am going to start a new thread. I am going to post the "pal's list there as well. Watch for the update on Cupid! XXX OOO XXX OOO Tina
    ...See More

new: share alittle love valentines day swap

Q

Comments (29)
    Hi, Just wanted to let my Valentine's Day Pal know that I got my package yesterday and I am amazed at all the cool stuff she included! Wow! Thank you so much! There was a little box of chocolates, a box of Necco sweethearts candy and a little pink bear holding a rose in its teeth. Also a really lovely feng shui candle set, a cute little necklace shaped like a leopard-print thong (the kind you wear on your feet!) and a bunch of wonderful seeds, can't wait to see what grows! A cute little book about cats, some vanilla tea, a bag of lovely-smelling potpourri, a Hallmark pocket calendar, and a cute little lovebug encased in lucite. What a great package. Thank you so much to veeja11, my Secret Valentine!
    ...See More
  • weeds105
    16 years ago

Here is a list of some of the seeds that I will be sending in. Thanks, Eileen
    strmywthr3
    yellow harmony 'dianthus knappii'
    > tansy - purple
    > jacob's ladder 'heavenly habit'
    > pink glade 'echinacea simulata'
    > paradoxa 'echinacea paradoxa'

kandituft's
    Agastache - tuttifruiti
    amsonia - blue star

threeshyacres
    poppies

ibartoo
    cleome
    soulmate
    pink forget me nots

beckilove
    Bachelor's Buttons - Black Ball
    Poppy Allegro, Buttermilk, Mission Bells, Black Paeony

skohler's
    STOCKS -Peach
    Alyssum gold/yellow / pink

thehills2
    A) Amaranth "hot biscuits"
    Dianthus Mix
    Papaver Orientale -pizzicato, mix of pink and white
    Viola - Pansy - true blue (a few seeds)

momcat
    breadseed poppies

jackier123
    petunia, sunshine yellow

ggwrn's
    Johnny jump up
    lavender pink (a few seeds)
    Transformer: Nigella orientalis

thelwig55
    Rose of Sharron Mix
    Hardly Asters, shorter ones -purple
    Sea Thrift

kristlindgren
    Carnation, Giant Chabaud Mixed~Dianthus caryophyllus~P~Mixed~C~1~2006~
    Carnation~Dianthus caryophyllus~P~Mixed~C~1~2006~
    Petunia, Sunshine~Petunia~A~Pale Yellow~M~3~2007~
    Phlox, Peppermint~Phlox drummondii~A~Red/White/Green~M~4~2007~
    Stock Dwarf Ten Week~Matthiola incana -peach

flwrs4ever
    aster autumn lollipop 2007
    coral vine pink
    coreopsis creme brulee
    echinacea padllida
    love in a mist-any
    painted tongue
    citrus cocktail calendula **

• kandaceshirley
    Original Author
    16 years ago

participants so far - those marked with a * I've recieved your packages

1- kandituft
    2- strmywthr3
    3- jackier123 *
    4 - threeshyacres (btw i think her b-day is February 8 ! )
    5 - flwrs4ever
    6 - momcat5
    7 - thehills2
    8 - skohler *
    9 - beckilove
    10 - ibartoo
    11 - ggwrn
    12 - thelwig55
    13 - kristlindgren
    14 - happyseed
    15 - suzydaze
    16 - weeds105

we are also doing the straight swap of the Valentine themed seeds for anyone who wants to send seeds in for this, you'll as many back as you send in on the valentine portion of the swap - just label them for swap or valentine or something similar so I know they aren't part of the wishlist swap

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

Kandi,

My seeds are on the way to you.

Ginger

• kandaceshirley
    Original Author
    16 years ago

1- kandituft
    2- strmywthr3 *
    3- jackier123 *
    5 - flwrs4ever
    6 - momcat5
    7 - thehills2
    8 - skohler *
    9 - beckilove *
    10 - ibartoo
    11 - ggwrn *
    12 - thelwig55
    13 - kristlindgren *
    14 - happyseed
    15 - suzydaze
    16 - weeds105 *

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

kandi, I missed the postman yesterday so I will mail my seeds on tuesday.

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

HI Kandituft, I just wanted to let you know my seeds are on their way. Thanks a bunch for doing this, Linda

• kandaceshirley
    Original Author
    16 years ago

1- kandituft *
    2- strmywthr3 *
    3- jackier123 *
    5 - flwrs4ever
    6 - momcat5
    7 - thehills2 *
    8 - skohler *
    9 - beckilove *
    10 - ibartoo
    11 - ggwrn *
    12 - thelwig55
    13 - kristlindgren *
    14 - happyseed
    15 - suzydaze
    16 - weeds105 *

• skohler
    16 years ago

Kandi
    Just wanted to let you know that if some do not send in by do date & I have seed pks made up for them please devide the seeds up with others who have sent in .

susie

• threeshyacres
    16 years ago

Hi Kandi and fellow gardeners,

I will be sending my package early this upcoming week. I usually run pretty close to the deadline.

Have a great week, everyone,
    Jodi B.
    : )

• momcat
    16 years ago

Just wanted to let you know that I dropped mine off at the post office today.

Deb

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Hi I just wanted you to know my envie is in the mail today, I added extra postage for you to use if needed on any of the envies...

thanks to everyone that shared with me, I just love these swaps !!

Kandituft, I sent everyones seeds in seal envies, to make it easier on you, AND the valentines swap and candy is in the clear baggie....thanks for hosting !!

• kandaceshirley
    Original Author
    16 years ago

just a quick update - i've either heard from or recieved packages from almost everyone. no new packages since i last posted, but the only ones I haven't heard from are happyseed and thelwig55. I emailed each of them to see when they were planning on sending. Everyone else's are on their way and should be here in plenty of time for me to turn them around and get them back to everyone before Valentine's day especially with the wonderful job you'all been doing in separating the seeds.

• kandaceshirley
    Original Author
    16 years ago

1- kandituft *
    2- strmywthr3 *
    3- jackier123 *
    5 - flwrs4ever
    6 - momcat5 *
    7 - thehills2 *
    8 - skohler *
    9 - beckilove *
    10 - ibartoo *
    11 - ggwrn *
    12 - thelwig55
    13 - kristlindgren *
    14 - happyseed
    15 - suzydaze
    16 - weeds105 *

• momcat
    16 years ago

Kandi,

if there is anyone who I sent seeds for who drops out, or has dropped out, please redistribute however you see fit.

Deb

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

Kandi, I am so happy my seeds finally got to you. I also agree with momcat, if anyone has dropped out, just re-distribute the seeds. Thanks, Linda

• threeshyacres
    16 years ago

Hi Kandi,

I'm late sending my seeds! I finally have them all packed and ready to go, but I don't have your address. I'm hoping this reaches you by the weekend so that I can ship out quickly. Please E-mail me your full name and address...

Thanks,
    Jodi B.

'ThreeShyAcres'

• kandaceshirley
    Original Author
    16 years ago

1- kandituft *
    2- strmywthr3 *
    3- jackier123 *
    5 - flwrs4ever *
    6 - momcat5 *
    7 - thehills2 *
    8 - skohler *
    9 - beckilove *
    10 - ibartoo *
    11 - ggwrn *
    12 - thelwig55
    13 - kristlindgren *
    14 - happyseed
    15 - suzydaze *
    16 - weeds105 *

• kandaceshirley
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I think I'll start turning them back around when I recieve threeshyacres seeds. I haven't heard anything at all from thelwig55. I'm hoping happyseeds arrive by then. She said she was sending out tomorrow on January 28. Sound good to everyone?

• kristlindgren
    16 years ago

Sound good to me.

• skohler
    16 years ago

Kandi Will the seeds be sent out this week??? I will be leaving on the 15th for my brother will be having surgery possible on the 18th & would like to be there.

Just wanting to find where my trades stand :))
    thanks for hosting .

susie

• kandaceshirley
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have all the seeds packets minus thelwig55 & happyseeds- I'll resdistribute any seeds sent for them. I'm planning on mailing everyone's out Monday morning from the post office -the mailman should love me Monday morning :D - so they should arrive for everyone most likely on Valentine's Day itself. Let me know when they arrive so I can keep track and have a wonderful weekend!

• momcat
    16 years ago

Yeah!! I can hardly wait!!

Deb

• beckilove
    16 years ago

That will be an AWESOME Valentine's Day gift!!! (Probably better than what my hubby gets me, though you never know!) Thanks, Kandi!!
    Becki

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Im looking forward to receiving the seeds...as I am up to my eyes in winter sowing...and am hoping there will be just a few more to add to it...oh, and I forgot to say I cant wait to get my chocolate...YUM YUM..grin

becki...your hubby gets you something...gee..you should be greatful...LOL

Thanks everyone that participated in this swap, it has been fun.

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

Seeds! on the way! Oh Yipee, I can't wait, I must clear shelves and spaces...... thanks so much Kandi.

• kandaceshirley
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I want to thank everyone for participating this was really fun! A couple things - I was running out of time so seeds sent for those who dropped out, weren't as "thoughtfully" sorted as other seeds - so please forgive me if you get something you sent for them back. Some people have confirmation numbers - I was getting a line behind me at the post office so not everyone has a confirmation number - I think there were only four that didn't have a confirmation number.

threeshyacres 03041560000514543052
    suek 03041560000514543045
    momcat 03041560000514543038
    strmyweather 03041560000514542994
    Beckilove 03041560000514542987
    Lindgren 03041560000514543007
    ggwrn 03041560000514543021
    strough 03041560000514543069

hills I did have to fill out a customs form that number is CP662300512US - I left the detailed description a little vague since I couldn't list every seed - I put "flower seeds, chocolate, candy"

flowers4ever I couldn't find a mailing label so I used the return address on your enevelope. If you want to email me privately I'll let you know what it said.

Please let me know when they arrive safely! and HAPPY VALENTINE"S DAY!

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

Kandi,
    Thank you for all of your hard/time consuming work! I can't wait to receive my seeds (and candy).

Ginger

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Hi Kandi

I apologize for not sending a mailing label...it didnt even cross my mind the day I was getting it ready to mail..

thanks for all of your hard work on the swap, I look forward to growing the seed.

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Thank you so much, Kandi for all your hard work on this!! You've done a super job! Can't wait!!

Becki

• Belinda Sisemore
    16 years ago

I'm sorry for seeming to drop off the earth, I've been sick, me and my daughter both fighting bronchitis. I finally went to the doctor.

A list, I'm not picky, anything will do, I do have a don't want list

got pleanty of morning glories, trumpet vines and hollyhocks. oh and shasta daisy and unknow hibiscus.

anything else is okay

thanks Belinda

• skohler
    16 years ago

Well I recieved my wonderful VALENTINES PACKAGE Today :))
    Kandi Thank You For all your hard work & Please send me your name & addy so I can send you more postage I Just had a feeling my $4.00 wouldn't be enough.

I Just want to say thank you to all of you for sharing so many great packages of seeds , Now I just hope I have a green thumb come time to plant them all :) .

this was all really great waiting for . & sure came in at a great time now I have lots to do going through them all while I waiting for the snow to melt :) .

well I have to go & share these with daddy he wants the tomato seeds :)) thank you all for sharing & hope to do this again one day .

Susie

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

I would like to say a Huge thank you to everyone that shared seeds with me, and the choc and valentines made this so much fun to receive...and I just dont know how I am going to grow all of these wonderful seeds...It sure did make my day !!

Thanks for this swap kandi, is sure was a lot of fun !

I did have a huge laugh, when I bought my choc for the swap, my daughter was upset that I didnt buy her one, so then I got the envie today, and here I got my choc back, so she is sooo excited...So funny how that happened...even my daughter enjoyed the swap...grin.

• momcat
    16 years ago

Thank you so much to everyone who sent in seeds for me. I am just amazed at the generosity of you gardeners. Thank you Kandi for hosting this. You are all amazing!!

Thank you again,
    Deb

• strmywthr3
    16 years ago

wow! my package arrived yesterday! what a great selection! I've already wintersown some of the seeds and eaten some of the chocolate! yummy! I loved all the valentines included too. I need to go thru the seeds again and figure out what I'm sowing next.

thanks guys for all the great seeds!!

Kandi, great job!! thanks for hosting!

Barbi

• threeshyacres
    16 years ago

Hi Kandi and Fellow Gardeners,

Woooohoooo! I just got mine in the mail today...exactly on Valentine's Day! I can't tell you how much fun that is, especially for me, a mother of two. It seems that I spend so much time getting my kids treats and surprises together, that my own are a bit overlooked. But not today! I LOVE the candy and the Valentines, and of course, the great variety of seeds! Some new ones for me: Hollyhock 'Blushin Juanita', Four o'Clocks 'Red Glow', Foxglove 'Camelot Rose', 'Lemon Slice' Hibiscus, and many more!

Thanks so much for making my V-Day just wonderful!

Sincerely,
    Jodi B.
    'ThreeShyAcres'
    : )

• kandaceshirley
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm glad they're making their ways home and you're enjoying the packages! I've been trying to figure out where I"m going to plant all mine too - my son should be happy, the more I plant, the less he has to mow as long as I make my gardens "riding lawn mower convenient" - Susie - don't worry about the extra postage - it was probably for that sack of candy I added ;) Oh, I did want everyone to know I saw some things on your wishlists or profile pages as wants that I do have planted in my yard - I'm either currently out of seed, haven't figured out how to collect seed from it yet (so if you fill me in I"d be glad to collect it for you), or wasn't saving seed when it was available last year. So if you're looking around and see something on my profile (fyi I really need to update it, it's not very current at the moment) that you'd like whether it's a few weeks or months from now, just let me know!

• kristlindgren
    16 years ago

I got package today and was so thrilled to see all the candy. I was not able to get to the store today to buy my children their valentine gifts, because I have a sick little one today. Thank you everyone for all the wonderful seeds and to our host for all her work! Hope to do this agian next year or sooner!

Kris

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

HI Kandi,
    I had a wonderful valentines day package when I went to the post office today. Thank you so much for doing such a nice swap and for such great seeds and thanks to everyone for all the great seeds they sent for me. I have so much planting to do now. I gotta go buy more"dirt"...... Happy Day, Linda
    Ps, I get chocolate too!!!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

I got my package today as well! Thank you so much for doing this Kandi!! I too was shocked at the amount of candy AND seeds!! Wowee!! I haven't looked through my package yet, as I am very busy today, but am looking forward to savoring it later! Thank you again and again and again!!!
    Becki

• Belinda Sisemore
    16 years ago

thank you so much I just got my seeds from the mail box and I am still looking through them like a kid at christmas, thanks so much Belinda aka suzydaze

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

I'm starting to get worried. It looks like my envelope is still sitting at the post office where you mailed it. All of the other confirmation numbers say delivered, mine still says accepted in Tekamah, NE

Ginger

• kristlindgren
    16 years ago

Mine said that till it was delivered. I also was beginning to wonder, but lo and behold it came on the 14th. Hoping it comes on friday for you.

• jackier123
    16 years ago

I don't have mine either yet Ginger...I am in TN which is really close to NC, so maybe they are just taking longer to get to the Eastern US.

Jackie

• kandaceshirley
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I"m trying to keep track of everyone who's received their packages

- strmywthr3 *- arrived home
    3- jackier123 * - mia
    4 - threeshyacres - arrived home
    5 - flwrs4ever * - arrived home
    6 - momcat5 * - arrived home
    7 - thehills2 *
    8 - skohler * - arrived home
    9 - beckilove * - arrived home
    10 - ibartoo * - arrived home
    11 - ggwrn * - post office sd it was delivered Friday - have you gotten it yet?
    13 - kristlindgren * - arrived home
    15 - suzydaze * - arrived home
    16 - weeds105 *

so I'm unsure about weeds105, thehills2, ggwrn, and jackier123 (if I forgot anyone please let me know)- everyone else's seems to have arrived safe and sound - let me know when they arrive :D

• jackier123
    16 years ago

Just got mine today. Thanks so much to all who sent seeds and Valentines and candy. I now have to find more winter sowing containers... :)

Jackie

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

Kandi,

I did get my package yesterday! I guess the post office isn't always good about updating tracking before the package gets to its destination. Thanks very much to everyone that sent seeds for me and that sent candy. I hope I will have time to wintersow some of them in the next couple of days.

Ginger

• weeds105
    16 years ago

Hi All, I have been out of town with a family emergency so I was unable to respond before this. Thanks for all the wonderful seeds.
    Have a good night, Eileen

• kandaceshirley
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just wanted to update. I've heard from everyone and all packages have made it home. I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day and I can hardly wait for spring! I've been pouring through the catalogs and placing orders (to my husband's delight, that way he can buy more decoys for hunting since I spent more on flowers)