SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
hummingbirddaisy

NEW: Valentine's Day Swap!

hummingbirddaisy
16 years ago

No better holiday than one that includes "Flower's and Candy"!!!

I hosted a "Secret Santa" swap and just had a blast, so I thougth I would dive in for a Valentine's Day Swap and see if we can have as much fun!

If you would like to join, send me your GW name, real name and mailing address.

Please post a wish list and let us all know what type of things you like and have been looking for. I know some of us are on diets right now, so if you prefer to NOT receive candy, that is fine. Just make sure to post it.

Shipping date will be Feb. 7th. This should give the packages ample time to be delivered for Valentine's Day.

Last sign-up date will be Jan. 20th

I look forward to organizing this!

Tina

Comments (73)

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Welcome back Marge, you have been missed.

• uptreasa
    16 years ago

I have to tell y'all, some of these swaps really stay in a person's heart. I saw lunamoon's name, and wowie, she had my name in last year's Valentine swap!! She was so very generous and kind to me. I received so many wonderful and pretty gifts in the box from her. Thank you again, lunamoon, I will always appreciate how special you are. : )

OK. My list.
    Please, no candy, no colognes.
    I enjoy green tea, any tea except Chamomile.
    I do a lot of canning, and can always use more lids, and floursack towels.
    'Double Click' Cosmos
    Passiflora plants
    Calla Lily bulbs
    Pulsatilla
    Pulmonaria
    Any new introduction seeds
    Heirloom Peonies
    Fragrant Sweet Peas
    Salpiglossis
    Brugsmansia
    Anything that Logee's catalog has in it.
    This is so hard to do. Hope this helps. I will be grateful for whatever my pal chooses for me, even if it's not on this list. Thank you so much. Treasa

• Related Discussions

new: obf feb swap: love stories/valentines

Q

Comments (134)
    February - Shirley (In progress) March - Sharon April - May - Margaret June - Shirley July - Carol August - Melinda September - Jeanne October - Annie November - Maryanne December - Sheri Jayeanne will not be able to host the month of April so if anyone is interested LMK. Winners for Februarys swap. Christine-Lily Whistler (received) Annie-Lily Muscadet (received) Melinda-Lily Chill Out (sending in March) Sheri our BINGO winner- Sharon our Love Story winner- Sheri and Sharon I will list some Lilies I have ordered and you tell me which Lily you would like for your prize. The shipment will arrive in March so I will mail when I receive them. Lilies to choose from: Black Out Tiny Padhye Vermeer Dizzy Hot Line Giraffe Red Dutch Salmon Star We had a wonderful time this week-end. We love for everyone in our small immediate family going on our mini vacation with us. We took the tour on the Titanic and it was great. Makes me want to watch the movie again. Friday and Saturday night the ladies went to the movies and saw Endless Love and Monument Men. We shopped so much we had to go to the late late shows. Such fun we got back to the cabins at 12:30 each night. Funny but I'm still not tired from the lack of sleep I got. Night all, Shirley
    ...See More

new: share alittle love valentines day swap

Q

Comments (29)
    Hi, Just wanted to let my Valentine's Day Pal know that I got my package yesterday and I am amazed at all the cool stuff she included! Wow! Thank you so much! There was a little box of chocolates, a box of Necco sweethearts candy and a little pink bear holding a rose in its teeth. Also a really lovely feng shui candle set, a cute little necklace shaped like a leopard-print thong (the kind you wear on your feet!) and a bunch of wonderful seeds, can't wait to see what grows! A cute little book about cats, some vanilla tea, a bag of lovely-smelling potpourri, a Hallmark pocket calendar, and a cute little lovebug encased in lucite. What a great package. Thank you so much to veeja11, my Secret Valentine!
    ...See More

HAVE: My Love is Like A Valentine's Day Seed Swap

Q

Comments (0)
    It's not too late to sign up if you're interested in participating in My Love Is Like A Valentine's Day Seed Swap! Come on over to the Round Robin forum and check it out! http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roundrobin/msg1211242811260.html?58
    ...See More

HAVE: Valentine's Day Seed Swap

Q

Comments (0)
    For those of you interested, I'm hosting My Love Is Like A Valentine's Day Seed Swap over on the Round Robin forums. I'd love to see you there! http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roundrobin/msg1211242811260.html?20
    ...See More
  • purplefirefly
    16 years ago

I am also on a diet (baby weight sucks) so no candy for me. I am just starting out and have tons of areas to fill up, all shade levels, so even if you just dug something out of your yard or took a cutting I would be thrilled. I especially want some roses in my backyard. Something high climbing that can handle almost full shade would be nice. Any flower seeds would be loved, though I don't grow veggies. House plant starts would be great as well.

I love candles and bath salts, lotions, etc. I really love to read books, anything but romance and thrillers. Examples: Joyce Carol Oates, short story collections, memoirs. They dont' have to be new, just if you want to get rid of one I will read it.

I really love pens and different types of papers and envelopes and stuff. Scrapbooking stuff, though I'm not so good at that, I try.

Really anything you think of I will appreciate it deeply!

I cannot wait to get my name and start making the box!!!!!!

• gardeningmomof3
    16 years ago

Heres my list, Love surprises best.

prisms
    plant stakes
    scrapbooking
    romance novels
    DARK chocolate
    bird feeders
    bulbs or tubers dahlia, calla lillies, day lilys,glads etc.
    pierced earrings
    garden magazines
    Anything, I Love surprises.

Tina: Hope your WS is going well. Thanks for hosting this swap. Can hardly wait to get my pals name.

Suzanne

• giverny4me
    16 years ago

Valentine's shopping?! I'm in!!
    My list would include:
    dark chocolate
    sugar-free gum, any kind
    hummingbird, dragonfly, butterfly themed garden decor...
    garden magazines or articles, don't have to be new!
    lilies, any type
    seeds of pink/white/red annuals or perennials
    stationary of any kind
    scrapbooking bits and pieces,
    whatever is YOUR favorite from your garden...and Oh Yes, PLEASE have a St. Patrick's robin!!!

• veeja11
    16 years ago

please give me someone who likes chocolate and soon. thankyou impatient carol

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Ok here's my wish list... Snickers candy bars, candles, canna bulbs, elephant ear bulbs. I have an Italian bistro theme in my kitchen (grapes/chef), so any kitchen items with either would be wonderful! (spoonrest, potholders) or really anything! I'll be happy with whatever is sent!
    I also collect african violets, so anything with a violet is perfect too.
    I can't wait to start on my Pal's box! Surprises/ making boxes is sooo much fun!

Deb/IL.

• jesslovesreg
    16 years ago

Hi everyone! I would love to join this swap (hope I'm in time). This would be my first round robin, and it seems like a great place to start. Sending an email -Jessica

• amybabyboy3
    16 years ago

My wish list:
    lilac cutting
    houseplant cuttings
    garden decor
    pretty note pads
    love dark chocolate
    any already read gardening magazines
    love anything scented and love any kind of surprises and handmade things

• laurk
    16 years ago

I'm with veeja11- I want someone who likes chocolate (that way I can have an excuse to buy extra for me =) Just kidding, whoever I get will be wonderful! =)

• myohhmy
    16 years ago

This sounds like fun. Count me in....

For flowers wants my page is pretty updated but what can you send in the winter?

Dove chocolates, Other Wish list teas, tea pots, gardening books, magazines, decorative Tea cups, Anything with irises on it, Porcelain flowers especially Coplidomonte, Very unusual hand puppets, Hats (would really like a top hat), Costumes  any size dress up closet for me and kids.

Thanks for hosting! Sent you an email with my info...

• jesslovesreg
    16 years ago

Here's my wishlist:
    I love Dark chocolate (especially with mint or caramel...mmmm), and coffee and green or white teas.
    LADYBUGS and cats are special to me (my new hubbie and I have 2 siamese kittens).
    My favorate colors are sage, eggplant, and cranberry, and everything in my kitchen is red.
    I love anything with a fleur de lis on it, or a French theme.
    I'm new to cooking for two (besides hamburger helper ;) so cookbooks could be helpful...
    same with gardening books/mags (and used is fine w/ me).
    I also love to cross stich, craft with beads, and read (i.e. older Oprah's bookclub or classics type books),
    again, used is just as nice.
    As far as scents go, I like sweet (i.e. cookies) or fruity fragrances.
    My exchange page is very up to date, other than that I would love house plant cuttings,
    or seeds for container growing veggies, and flowers that are
    less than 2 ft. tall (I container garden on my little balcony),
    and will bloom by the end of July (Hubbie and I are being stationed in Germany).
    That's all I can think of... of course suprises are the most fun.
    Thanks for making a newbie feel welcome -Jessica

• skyblue52
    16 years ago

Hello I am ready to have some fun. Cabin fever also. I have thoughts of beautiful coleous, sturdy plant markers, heirloom tomato seeds, tiny ziplock bags,grow light bulbs,begonia starts, gardening gloves,plant food, and seeds. So I should be easy to buy for.Glad I got on here this morning. Skyblue52

• sweetkitten51
    16 years ago

Is it too late for me to join?

• snyder
    16 years ago

I would love to be in on this to. I was in the secret santa and it was so much fun. I like about any thing choclates, gardening supplies or apple things for my kitchen. Ann in Iowa

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

I hope it's not too late to join! I haven't done one of these for awhile and I'm ready for one! Tina, emailing you my info in hopes that I can still get it in.
    My wish list:
    Well, I'm on a diet too....but I STILL WANT CANDY!! (just kidding. I guess I'll try and stick to the diet.)
    I am REALLY into Antique Roses right now. Also Austins. Any cuttings or rooted cuttings would be GREAT! Please if you send unrooted cuttings if you could wrap them in damp paper towel and seal in ziploc...that works best.
    I also love daylilies...pink is my favorite. Actually, I love anything pink.
    I would love some English Daisies. They are usually annuals here but I can never find them.
    I'm not as into tropicals as people assume. I live in North Florida where is does usually get cold in winter. I do grow a few but also like the more temperate plants.
    I would love any perennials...I want at least one of EVERYTHING out there! So I am easy to please.
    As far as non-plant or seed items, I love it ALL. Garden art and knick-knacks, candles, poutporri, etc. I'm a typical girly girl. :)
    Can't wait to find out who I have so I can start shopping!
    Theresa

• garden_fever_girl
    16 years ago

I'd love to join in if there is still time for me?

I love:
    milk chocolate, tea not coffee, flowers of all kinds, dragonflys, bluebirds, cardinals and fairies. Purple is my fav color. Homemade, homegrown, and used items are just fine-- passing along goodies you have enjoyed makes them all the more special. Last year was the first year in our new home and I was shocked at how many butterflies we had. So anything that would encourage them to come back would be wonderful. As far as plants go -- I have an updated list on my trading page but your fav's are fine too! Keeping in mind that we have very little if any shade- no big trees yet. Thanks and I can't wait to start shopping and sending goodies.

• irish_rose_grower
    16 years ago

Hi. It's Me -- is it too late to sign up? Let me know. Thanks
    Maureen

• sweetkitten51
    16 years ago

I DON'T KNOW IF I GOT SIGNED UP IN TIME, BUT HERE'S MY WISH LIST.
    ANY THING TO ENCOURAGE BUTTERFLIES. (A 10 YR OLD WANTS TO DO A BUTTERFLY GARDEN TIS SPRING.)
    I HAVE A LITTLE PLOT IN THE SHADE.
    PLEASE REMEMBER THAT A 10 & 12 YEAR OLD, WILL BEAT ME TO THE POSTALPERSON.
    I LIKE WINDCHIMES,UNUSAL TERRA COTTA POTS, INSCENTS,& INSCENT BURNERS,POT HOLDERS,HANDMADE CRAFTS,ANYTHING TO DO WITH BIRDS,PENS THAT ARE SHAPED LIKE CRAZY BIRDS.
    I REALLY DON'T DO GOOD WITH SEEDS.
    (SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, HOUSEMATE FORGOT TO TAKE THE LOCK OFF,& I WAS TO LAZY TO START ALL OVER.)

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok, here is who I have signed up for this swap. If I have missed anyone please let me know ASAP.
    If there is a star by your name, that means I still need your address.

ilovefarac
    laurk
    mellen
    uptreasa
    amybabyboy3
    gardeningmomof3
    purplefirefly
    veeja11
    rosebud_2050
    dancingmoons
    margec *
    lunamom *
    debbya
    giverny4me *
    jesslovesreg *
    myohhmy
    skyblue52
    snyder
    garden_fever_girl
    irish_rose_grower
    sweetkitten51

Send those addies in and I'll send Cupid on his merry way shooting arrows loaded the love potion ;-).
    I am SO HAPPY to see ALL of you here!!!
    The world just wouldn't make it without us women.

xxx ooo xxx ooo
    Tina

• irish_rose_grower
    16 years ago

Hi Valentines! this is so much fun. I figured I would list my wish list here.

Into:
    Hummingbird attracting plants/seeds, feeders. Very Fragrant plants/seeds, lilacs, 4 o'clocks, austin roses, nicotiania, evening scented stock, moonflower, different types/colors of creeping thymes, honeysucle vines.
    Vines, morning glorys, clematis, thunbergia (yellow, orange or BLUE grandilfora). Oriental lilys, amaryliss.Also love to grow seeds indoors and outdoors.

Love sweetpea or lilac scented candles. Gardengate magazine (used are fine!!) love garden/flower catalogs/seed catalogs (used are fine).
    Heirloom tomatoes. Dark chocolate. Sugarless chewing gum.
    This should be enough ideas.

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I also need the address of skyblue52.
    Thanks jesslovesreg for getting your address send to me so quickly after posting! :-)

Tina

• giverny4me
    16 years ago

Hey Tina I can't get thru to your email so here's my address.\Susan giverny4me.
    Susan Pearson
    1109 Huntsman Circle
    Pensacola, FL 32514
    Y'all come see us, y'heah!! lol.

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh No!!!
    Susan, I am sooooooooooo sorry!!!
    If anyone else is having problems with my e-mail, it is
    hummingbirddaisy@mchsi.com or tina@hummingbirddaisy.com
    Don't you wish there was someone to remove a post from this place!!!!!
    Well, hopefully none of us are psycho (well, not demented anyway, LoL).
    I know a few of us are "crazy" (laughing - whaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ;-))

Thanks Susan

Tina

• giverny4me
    16 years ago

Oh Tina don't worry about that...my husband is retired career Navy, my son is on the ROTC rifle team and has his sharpshooter medal and I have Otis the terrier-ist. We are well protected. ;)

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, you can never go wrong with Otis the terrier-ist, hee hee.
    So Susan, are you just getting up, or have you not even gone to bed yet (such as myself)?
    Insomnia, what a sleepers delight eh! :-(
    That's OK, at least I can get some things done (no "mom, he won't stop" or "MOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, he won't stop blah blah blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!") LoL

Well, I better get. The "short sticky people with attitudes" clan are starting to march in one by one by one.......This ol' maid, errr I mean mom need to go fix breakfast now, heehee.

Good Night, or Morning something like that anyway.
    xxx 000 xxx 000 Tina

• giverny4me
    16 years ago

Oh I am up early today...animals were up causing commotion with the thunderstorms here!!! Need to move this rain to our friends in the west!!!---RE: breakfast, hey, doesnt quit when they get older, got a 19 yr. old looking for "hot breakfast!!!" lol. Have a nice day Tina and All;)

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

I didn't see my name listed though I did email all my info. Am sending it again.
    Theresa

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am still waiting to hear back from 2 gal's. If I do not hear from them tonight, I will assume that they no longer want to join, and send everyone their pals name tomorrow.
    I am very sorry that this is taking so long. I have e-mailed both gals, so we will have to wait and see if they still reply yet this evening.

I have everyone set with a partner, I just have to make sure your partener is still wanting in the swap :-)

Will be back soon!
    xxx ooo xxx ooo
    Tina

• suebo
    16 years ago

Hi,
    I would love to join the swap. I will email you my addy.
    Thanks
    Suebo

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Personally I have found that people who can't get their info to me for a swap are not very reliable when it comes to sending their pkg either, so generally I don't include them. just my 2 cents worth. of course I am eager to get started. I started chocolate shopping today, one for me one for her on and on. hugs carol

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am going to take veeja's advise and move on.
    I will be sending you partners name to you as soon as I finish this post.
    We have a brand new gal here, Suebo! Let's all welcome here with open arms. We look forward to getting to know you Sue!

OK, here comes the name and info of your Valentine!
    Everyone have fun and enjoy yourselves!

xxx ooo xxx ooo
    Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

have their pal's name and address. If you did not get it, let me know and I will resend.

We also have another new gal here as well, purplefirefly!
    Welcome to you as well form all of us here/ We are glad to have you!

OK Valentine's, make sure to read your pal's wish list as some of us don't want candy because of our diet's right now.
    Enjoy! Make sure to come here and visit often. That way will will know you are all still around :-)

XXX OOO XXX 000
    Tina

Also, would you all like for me to list everone's pal on here now, or after the swap?

• irish_rose_grower
    16 years ago

I just got my pal's name. I'm here to look her up and see what she likes :-)

Tina, thank you so much for doing this. You are the BEST!!

Doesn't matter to me if you list now or later, I'm easy.

Welcome Suebo and Purplefirefly. Glad to have you both here.

Maureen

• djm906
    16 years ago

Aack! Don't forget me! I'd love to be in this one, Doris

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Tina,
    I didn't receive my pal's name yet. I just checked my email and the email didn't come through.

Thanks!

Deb

• uptreasa
    16 years ago

Tina, my pal's name didn't come through.

XXX OOO Treasa

• veeja11
    16 years ago

I got Ann, wish I knew her gw name so I could check her list. I'm sure Tina will send it to me. Meanwhile all Anns please post their wish list, better include chocolate or I will have to eat all I bought.still raining here in seattle

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well Gals, I did a boo-boo. I think I have it all straightened out now, but I am going to post pal's on here. Let me know if this doesn't match your info.

DebbyA is sending to
    Mellen who is sending to
    dancingmoons who is sending to
    Laurk who is sending to
    myohhmy who is sending to
    hummingbirddaisy who is sending to
    amybabyboy3 who is sending to
    lunamom who is sending to
    irish_rose_grower who is sending to
    jesslovesreg who is sending to
    ilovefarac who is sending to
    purplefirefly who is sending to
    veeja11 who is sending to
    snyder who is sending to
    garden_fever_girl who is sending to
    gardeningmomof3 who is sending to
    thereas24 who is sending to
    Suebo who is sending to
    sweetkitten51 who is sending to
    MargeC who is sending to
    rosebud_2050 who is sending to
    giverny4me who is sending to
    uptreasa who is sending to
    djm906 who is sending to
    DebbyA.

Please let me know if this does not match the info you was sent. Please accept my apologies. I don't know how I made such a mistake.
    OK, with fingers crossed, I am going to go back to bed now and will answer everyone in the morning!

XXX OOO XXX OOO
    Tina

• laurk
    16 years ago

How exciting! I've already ordered a bunch of cool seeds for my pal and have a lot more ideas. Just one question- Do we post the confirmation number here when we send it out?

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes Laurk, you'll post the conf.# here. That way your pal can keep track of it and know when it is coming :-).
    I'm so happy to hear the excitement!
    I am sooooooo hoping that everyone has the right info. I guess we will know by tonight, smiles!

OK, going to go make myself a cup of tea and see if I can start feeling a bit better.

XXX OOO XXX OOO
    Tina

• uptreasa
    16 years ago

Oh, Doooooooorrrrrrriiiiiiiisssssssss. : ) Please give me some hints. XXX OOO XXX OOO Love and hugs to you, Treasa

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

Ooh I like that we all know who is sending to whom. Makes it a little more fun. Also, since it is not a secret, I can post saying "WELCOME SUEBO! I am sending to you!"...Please post or email me with your wish list. I did check your want list but I'd also like to know what non-plant/seed items you'd like.
    theresa

• purplefirefly
    16 years ago

So, are we supposed to buy now and send? Wait until a certain day and send? Is there a cut off date? I plan to get out this weekend and get most of it, but I have a seed order that will be in this week and I am thinking of sending some of those, so can it wait until next Friday to send? If not, I will just not include those seeds and Veejal will miss out on that part :(

• irish_rose_grower
    16 years ago

Jesslovesreg - I'm so glad to have you as my Valentine. I'm off to get started.

Tina -- thanks for posting the list. This is so much fun.
    Have a good weekend everyone.

Maureen

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

poo

how did i miss this one - i have been waiting for a valentine day swap and the only one i saw closely resembling was sue's.

off to cry me a river.

earthly

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Purplefirefly, you have until the 7th of Feb. to send out.
    So, you should have enough time to add the seeds!
    You can send anytime you like up until that date, which I hope everyone can have their boxes mailed by then because our mail has been just awful since a few weeks before Christmas. Hoping that getting it out a week prior to Valentine's day will give our packages plenty of time to reach our pal's.

I am going to start a new thread. I am going to post the "pal's list there as well.
    Watch for the update on Cupid!

XXX OOO XXX OOO
    Tina

• djm906
    16 years ago

Too late for a wish list? I love chocolate, I collect cookbooks, especially church or community cookbooks, etc. Flower seeds, lotions, any kind, light colognes, romance paperbacks, fun stuff like that. Really, I am happy with whatever you send and easy to please. Doris

• laurk
    16 years ago

Just wanted to bump this up before it fell off the front page, since the wish lists are posted here =)

• dancingmoons
    16 years ago

This is for "LAURK"....So sorry i am late sending your box, but that seems to be the way things are going lately...will send out tomorrow the 9th, and post conf. # here. Hopefully you will still get it by Valentines day!
    Blue Skies!
    Trish (DancingMoons)