SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Cleaning out a clothes closet

rob333 (zone 7b)
15 years ago

One of top priorities in my life is recycling. I don't know if it's from being poor most of my life, a creative outlet, or just my love seeing something in a new light. My mother inspired me at a very young age when she took a battered barbie, washed and combed her tangled messy hair, cleaned the body, reapplied the colored bits on her face (seems rather like she used fingernail polish), and then made a spectacular wardrobe from bits and pieces of material used from making us school clothes. I was completely enthralled. So I carry on the legacy, as best I can. I found a book which helps me to this end with regard to my closet. It says to take everything out and figure out why you don't wear it, or if you can repair/alter it, donate it, and just give it up. I am done with the piles and have thrown out (very little) and donated what I could. I am down to altering. I made one dress into a skirt as I hated the way the top part fit. I made another dress into a top since the bottom didn't fit over my hips very well and it was too wild a print for a whole dress. I am thinking about dying some things. Koolaid and wine are some of the mediums to effect these changes. Do you do this? Or is it just me?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions