SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrewlina_gw

i need words of encouragement

andrewlina
16 years ago

To make a long story short...my husband & I are foreclosing on our house,that we have lived in for about 10 years. I am a very emotional person. We had money problems and had to file bankruptcy awhile back and our mortgage payment is astronomical! We had to refinance several times to pay off debt. To make a long story short,we have a nice house (older and needs work and we have some land),but we pay around $2,200/month. How stupid! The mortgage company had us over a barrel and they knew what they were doing. We just cannot keep up with the monthly payments and manage other payments as well (electricity,cable,water). We rarely have enough groceries in the house for us and our kids (7 & 12). I am working double shifts to help pay the mortgage and I am sick of busting my butt for a house whose monthly mortgage should be about $600!!!!!!! To be honest our house is okay,we built on an addition a few years back,it needs work,the ceiling leaks,the main bathroom is small and to be honest,I am kinda embarrased to have my kids bring over their friends. I am trying to find some encouragement and stuff to get me through this emotional draining time. I try to be rational such as,1:we are healthy 2:DH & I both work 3:the kids are happy and doing good in school. 4:we have never had a fire 5:we still have our belongings. Please I need words or thoughts of encouragement and fast before I lose my mind. Thanks

Comments (15)