SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fourstringdrums

A few brown patches in lawn. Be concerned?

fourstringdrums
16 years ago

I noticed today that I have about 4 or 5 small patches in my front lawn that have turned brown. They're not really round, they're just random shapes, one area almost looks like an X, although it's not very large. Because some of the grass through my lawn is turning brown for the winter (as well as my neighbor's lawn and his is very nice year round), I'm assuming that it's nothing to worry about. I had got hit with some late red thread and wasn't sure if that was just from the grass browning in an area that had it. I put down my winter fert 21-3-21 last week and was told by Lesco that any red thread or other problems should be resolved by that application and at the worst, I'll have some brown spots in the spring that I'll just have to rake up, but everything will grow back in.

I just want to know what this might be, including Brown Patch, and if it's really a concern or just something that in the spring, it may take a little longer for these small patches to green up, but they will eventually.

Comments (5)