SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kanuni_gw

Should I Overseed Once Again? (Rye Grass on Bermuda)

Kanuni
12 years ago

I had overseeded rye grass on Bermuda with the help of you guys in this thread: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/lawns/msg1016142525967.html?14

Now, it has been 2.5 weeks, and I believe it has been long enough to be able to judge whether it was a success... I notice that on some areas, the grass comes up nice and dense, while in other areas it is not really dense at all.

Here are some pictures:

{{gwi:120875}}

{{gwi:120876}}

{{gwi:120894}}

Do you think that the areas that seem problematic will fill out nicely in the following months, or should I overseed one more time? Will overseeding again at the recommended amount will be useful or harmful to the present rye grass that just popped out?

P.S: It's been a strange fall so far and it almost never rained here. (Rain seems unlikely also for the upcoming week.) So I had turned on the sprinkler system 3 times a day for the rye grass seeds.

P.P.S: The place that I purchased the rye grass told me that I can overseed until mid Nov. in our climate, so it seems that if I have to do something, I need to do it as fast as possible.

Comments (4)