SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 5 September 2008

rob333 (zone 7b)
15 years ago

How 'bout them 'Dores?! Yea, we won last night. Which makes taking 30 minutes to get out of the garage worth it. I was stuck in game traffic for 50 minutes. I live 3 miles from work, and it took me almost an hour to get home?! But we won. Fridays are the greatest day of the week, when you're working. I actually find my favorite time of the week, bedtime Friday night, when I get to turn off the alarm. Maks me smile. This one is a particularly good Friday. Last night, as I sat on the couch, I realized that I hadn't stopped moving since last Friday night. Literally every moment awake was accompanied by movement. It was so nice to just sit. I'm really really really looking forward to turning off the alarm tonight.

Ed and I are on a diet. I need to lose a good 40 pounds or so. We're kick starting it with 90 days of low carbs, high protein and low calories, six meals a day, spaced apart. All supplemented with loads of water, vitamins and no sugar or alcohol. None. UGH! It's actually a diet made up by Vandy. I trust them. He's cheated every day. I've cheated none. But will. Today is a lunch out I planned weeks ago and tomorrow is the family reunion with Girlie's (his name) BBQ. It's too awesome. I'll just pick one protein item, water, and some fruit (hopefully berries). Maybe a snippet of potato salad. Should be ok, right?

I took the reunion into account when I made the house plan. However, this part of the plan just got shot down completely. He has to work the TSU homecoming game on Saturday night, and Titans game on Sunday moring. And I want to go swimming on Sunday (it's the last day of the season), which means I'll be too dead to work later. It's not only time consuming, it drains me of energy.

Aug 30-Sept 7

All week long---tiling (only 10 or tiles left) and grout for the floor/tub. Drywall (only about 150 sq ft)

Saturday evening---plumbing for bathtub drain connect. Paint the walls.

Sunday---tile cleaning/sealing

Maybe we can double up somewhere.

LF is much happier in school and is looking forward to guitar lessons. He has mixed feelings about two straight days of swimming, since they're the last of the year. Still his favorite mom activity. Being over with, not so much.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions