SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 3-5 November 2008

rob333 (zone 7b)
15 years ago

What an election day that was?! Whew, amazing. The turnout, the history, the end result. It's amazing. I started off my day voting and ended it in a political science class. We got into a hot debate at break time, and it's not even a controversial class; no theories, just numbers. Subdue class, missing the two most skewed opinions, one conservative (he even wears chinos and penny loafers, cute!) and one liberal (her hair looks like a lion's mane constantly, with none of her clothes ever matching, cute!) opinions because they were working at their voting places. Wonder what it would be like in a theory class with them? Politics, politics, politics. On the way home, anxious to find news about the races, I was switching through the radio stations, and found Home, by Daughtry. I cried and cried all the way home because the stupid, obnoxious, song was Keegan's dying theme. It must've played a hundred times at the house, in the car, at the vet those last few days. And I kept thinking, yes, I know you're going home, leaving me here; I WILL see you later. I made myself live in the moment and listen to the whole thing, letting more grief happen. It really struck me last night with how fresh it all seemed and like I'd gone back in time all over again. It's a great song, but I don't think I will ever listen to it in its entirety again.

This week, I "made" two officemates go to lunch. I picked those who never get out and wouldn't settle for excuses. We had a great time at lunch and it was relaxing watching the leaves blow in the wind and off of the trees on the way to/from the restaurant. He gave us an interesting lesson in Canadian politics and it was nice to be doing something different. We had lemon chicken, fried rice, steamed dumplings, hot and sour soup, kung pao chicken, and sticky rice. I think I'll keep bugging people who don't get out, seems good for them, and it's a nice change of pace. That same night, I "made" my mom come to dinner. The phone rang as I pulled into the driveway. It was Lin. She and her daughter were inviting us to dinner, but instead, I invited them over. It was so freeing to be able to do this stuff on the spur of the moment with my clean house. I'm really enjoying it, and surrounding myself with friends.

Today my mind is lighting on all sorts of odds and ends. I'm doing my homework for poly sci and studying for psy which is tonight. Next week is my exam in poly sci. And I'll begin work on my three interviews, while reading Tuesdays with Morrie. I'm also thinking about buying a foreclosed home when we sell the current house in another 6 or 7 months. Boy is it ever a foreclosure buying market. LF is heckbent on winning a lottery. He's convinced if we just buy a ticket, we'll win. Wouldn't it be nice if that was true? I indulged him on Saturday. I bought a lucky 7 ticket, another ticket he picked, and a lottery ticket. I was soon eating crow. He scratched off one 7, a second 7, the third 7... Three in a row! We've won! Yea! Hurray! He hadn't scratched off the prize yet, so I was secretly thinking, is it hundreds, no thousands of dollars? Dare I think it? And we were so fully excited. He kept saying, I can't believe we won a lottery!!! We won... drumroll... another ticket. Ha! But maybe we'll win when they draw the powerball tonight. If so, you'll never know until much later on; public limelight is something I shun. Ick.

This is my favorite time of year and I'm eating it up. I love all the colors and food, it makes a nice quilt of a life.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions