SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 12 September 2008

rob333 (zone 7b)
15 years ago

I ordered a happy meal yesterday. I wanted junk food so badly! I did, however, want to stay close the calories if I was going to cheat at every other part (no sugar, small carbs, and not enough nutrient). It had 640 calories. 4 pieces of fried chicken, a small amount of fries, and skim milk. Wow. Normally, I eat 150-330 per meal. Skipped other things. Was it worth it? Yep. I can live without junk food for awhile again, and so stick to it. 11 days on the diet. Lost 8 pounds. I'm sure it's all water loss. I'm not hungry, dizzy, have headaches, nausea, or anything else which might indicate it's not enough calories, so I am good to go. I am, however, sleeping better, feel better and am overall happier. I concurrently was thinking, I hate this diet!, when I saw pictures of me from behind taken last Saturday. I was greatly motivated to love the diet again :) And that's what made me happier, because, I thought, eh, so the next time I have my picutre taken it'll be better. The boys have the big birthday bash (it'll probably take place in the new bathroom!) coming up and I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt mommy will be taking pictures.

School is a breeze so far. I think my hard class isn't hard because I'd taken statistics before (made in A in that one from another handholding prof). Guess it did come in handy, if for nothing else, to graduate. And to make this semester easier. LF is doing great at his school too. His new focus is the recorder. I asked him the fingerings (gosh, it's been 23 years since I last played), and within minutes I was playing it. Surrounded by kids, he suddenly had great interest to learn what I knew. Gotcha kid! Of course, I'll show you buddy. Can you count? Do you know how many beats each note and rests are? Can you recognize the notes? He wants to practice all the time. Which, of course, is driving me crazy. But God love him, he'll be good at it. I remember many a day sitting in my floor playing and playing and playing. I must've driven sis crazy, but she never said so. I'll have to ask her about that one. At any rate, it's something that'll help that emotion come out in good ways. That, and I signed the note for him to leave class to attend guitar lessons.

Last night, I finished the drywall in the bathroom and primed it. It finally looks like, a room. We're so excited. Well, Ed and I are excited. LF couldn't care less. ;) Ed was so excited he finished the flooring tile. Tonight we'll get what's left to finish the step up to the tub and put in fixtures tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were talking about it yesterday and he said "I'm not going to do anything but the bathroom this weekend. I'm gonna eat, sleep and breathe bathroom!!!". We're going to dinner tonight, I know, I know, hard to do while dieting, and then get the remaining tile as we ended up not having enough for the step (maybe it wasn't in the design at that point?), and trim for the ceiling and floor. And a battery...

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions