SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claga_gw

DC and Morph More Help Needed

claga
9 years ago

DC and Morph,
I have made several post over the last couple of months concerning my lawn i.e. lack of green color..

To re-cap, I live in central Massachusetts, the lawn is made up of KBG and tall fescue, it is very thick but lacks a rich deep green color, I have posted a photo of the raking I made after the last cut I made on Friday.
Hopefully you'll be able convey more information and direction that will correct my problem.
The ph is 6.8. I have an irrigation system.
I was watering incorrectly and you both were kind enough to explain the proper way to water and I will follow your instructions next year.
The serivice provider reported the lawn is suffering from red thread and dollar spot which was treated with a fungicide a week ago and the lawn shows little to no change in appearance. They also said there is a thatch build up of over 1" that is inhibiting the absorption on water and fetilizer.
I have tried to show the level of thatch in one of the photo's but was unable to attach more than one photo.
Morph suggested I stick my finger into the lawn and I did and felt the soil.

The service program I currently have is listed below.

VISIT 1 STEP 1: SPRING (April ��" May) *DOUBLE FEEDING* Controlled time release Granular fertilizer w/ stress protectant, pre-emergent crabgrass control, hot spot post-emergent crabgrass control, blow driveway & walks, disease & insect inspection, and technician recommendations, if needed.
VISIT 2 STEP 2: LATE SPRING (May ��" July) Custom blended golf course grade Granular fertilizer w/ stress protectant, pre-emergent crabgrass control, surface feeding insect control, micronutrient deep green enhancer, root enhancer, broadleaf weed control, post-emergent crabgrass control, blow driveway & walks, disease & insect inspection, and technician recommendations, if needed.
STEP 3: SEASON LONG GRUB PROOFING (May ��" Aug)

VISIT 3 STEP 4: EARLY SUMMER (June ��" July) Organic based slow release granular fertilizer, high potassium summer guard fertilizer, broadleaf weed control with rain protectant, post-emergent crabgrass control, blowing of driveway & walks, disease & insect inspection, and technician recommendations, if needed.
VISIT 4 STEP 5: SUMMER (July ��" Aug) *DOUBLE FEEDING* temperature controlled time release Granular fertilizer w/ stress protectant, , broadleaf weed control with rain protectant, post-emergent crabgrass control, blowing of driveway & walks, disease & insect inspection, and technician recommendations, if needed.
VISIT 5 STEP 6: LATE FALL (Sept ��" Oct) MAINTENANCE LIMING (25lbs per 1000 Sq. Ft.)
STEP 7: (Sept ��" Oct) Fall all granular fertilizer, blowing of driveway & walks, disease & insect inspection, and technician recommendations, if needed

Planning to go organic with Milorganite starting next spring.
Any idea's what is wrong with my lawn and what steps I need to take.
Thanks

Comments (13)