SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pammom2b

Rust Disease on my lawn

pammom2b
16 years ago

Just did some research on what is making our grass tinged with this orangey rusty powder substance only to find out it is RUST Disease. It basically tells me to aerate the yard, water in the am, cut more regurarly, and fertilize.

My question is this...if anyone has had this...Is there any problems with my dogs & kids on this grass? Do I need to worry about it? BECAUSE my one dog has been itching like crazy & chewing on his feet lately...and I just thought it was a nervous habit, but maybe the rust powder substance is bothering him...

I don't know...ANYONE ELSE have any suggestions. WE have young kids, dogs, and VERY VERY Limited time to spend on this, and to top it all off I can't spend a ton of money on a lawn company coming out...so looking for some self answers that we can do to help this...has anyone had much luck with just watering & fertilizing? I saw their was some fungas treatments...could I get away with just watering, cutting & fungus treatments? What would you all do?

Thanks for any advice and guidance from someone who has no idea about this stuff.

thanks,

Pammom2b

Comment (1)