SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
counselor4444

Photos and Review: 2009 Parkside Orchids Fest

counselor4444
14 years ago

Hi all!

My husband and I went on Friday to the 2009 Parkside Orchids Fest at Parkside Orchids in Ottsville, PA.

My husband and I had a great time and thought Parkside did a fantastic job.

This year was our first trip to Parkside Orchids and I hope that whoever buys Parkside Orchids continues to have the Fest.

Photos:

Here are a few photos of Parkside's greenhouses and vendor tent.

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=a89cd21123730e7bbcfd7207a7b1fe91&sid=0Act2zZi4csWL_o

Review:

Parkside Orchids: Great place with very friendly people. 5 large greenhouses. First two greenhouses has mostly cattleyas and dendrobium. I was shocked to see a few priced as low as $10- and in bloom! (Obviously some much more). The third greenhouse had a variety of orchids. Greenhouse #4 had mostly phals (some as low as $10). Greenhouse #5 had mostly paphs ($25 & up). Beautiful selection overall. They also had lots of supplies. Great place to visit.

Parkside Orchids Fest: The vendor tent was wonderful. I knew ahead of time that while the Fest was 3 days long, the first day there were no lectures... only the vendor tent was available. We just happened to get to the Fest early, so we went looking around the greenhouses first and then on to the Vendor tent, which was rather large. I was very very surprised to see a bunch of vendors selling orchids at what I consider to be very reasonable prices. I saw vandas starting at $30, phals starting at $15, paphs starting around $20, etc.

As I mentioned, we had a great time and thought the 2 hr trip was worth it. We hope the Fest continues in future years. I will certainly be there.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting