SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gsweater

New Seed, Creeping Bent, and Tenacity

gsweater
10 years ago

Hi guys. I nuked an area in part of my backyard that got over run by Creeping Bent. I began in early Summer using RU, then kept watering, CB would show, rinse and repeat. I finally got it to where it remained bare.

Naturally, after not showing it's ugly face for nearly two month, the CB has shown up in a few spots about 3 weeks after my seed sprouted. It's very noticeable by color and texture. I've been hand pulling a few spots with some success, but thinking it's time to get a bit more aggressive and break out the Tenacity. I'd say 95% or more has been eradicated/contained, but I know how aggressive this stuff is here in the PNW. Even one little spot will grow exponentially and very quickly.

Tenacity does wonders on this stuff, so I'm not concerned about it not working. I am concerned about it affecting my seedlings. I have not yet mowed, they are at 2.5 to 3 inches, I'm waiting till they hit 3.5 to 4 for the first mow.

So, question is, has anyone used Tenacity on seedlings prior to the first mow or before the fourth mow? What were your results? Recommendations? Seed is TTTF/KBG only.

I'm thinking I may need to be patient and wait till Spring, but Winter is when CB really gets a hold here and would like to do a pre-emptive strike on that ****! >:)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living