SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mwk20823

New Bermudagrass Lawn Dying!

Matt K
11 years ago

I live in Bonita Springs, Florida and I seeded bermuda grass (Sahara) at the beginning of September. I had low expectations because of all the challenges South Florida presents to establishing a lawn from seed. I was surprised to see that the lawn came in very quickly and created a beautiful lawn in only a month and a half. I have been mowing to a height of 1.5" twice a week and watering thoroughly. I made the mistake of watering in the evening and now I have what appears to be fungus covering my lawn. I applied F-Stop fungicide 12 days ago and the brown spots continued to spread. I applied Spectracide Immunox 5 days ago and the problem still worsened. After closer inspection, I noticed there are dark brown spots on the blades of grass which further convince me it is fungus. I am no expert though so it could be something else. I have inspected the roots and the roots look healthy so I do not believe it is nematodes. I have also seen no evidence of insects. I now have areas of lawn that are completely dead and don't know what else to do. If anyone knows of another product I should try or any other solution, I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments (23)