SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Guess it doesn't matter whether or not I'm ready.

gandle
17 years ago

Just had to start the wood burner, temps. in the low 40's with a hard freeze predicted tomorrow night. Got the garden cleaned up yesterday, hated to see all those green tomatoes go in the compost pile. Made all the pickles and relish from them we can use, Does anybody actually eat fried green tomatoes? Four nice big eggplant in the refrigerator and a big handful of smaller ones that will be wonderful in stir fries.

Have to work from eight this A. M. til two P.M. at the museum but then will pick the grapes and what looks like a half bushel of pole beans. Hope the neighbors are pole bean hungry. Wish we would have another week of warmer weather, grapes are ripe but sugar content would be better with a few more days of warmth. Will cover the Chinese cabbage, it's fairly hardy and the spinach is really frost proof. Planted the turnips too late to make good roots so will eat the tops.

Am supposed to hear today from my BIL about sister and see if there is a definite date set for surgery. Hard to keep my mind on much else than being concerned about her.

Best go find a heavy jacket and pack a lunch and walk to work. Only 3 blocks from here.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
More Discussions