SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melikesthepeculiar

very difficult times

melikesthepeculiar
13 years ago

I live with my parents. They are finally splitting up after many years of miserable marriage.

My mom is retiring and leaving and moving to California to be near her sister and mother. I will be staying here with my dad. My grandparents paid off our house years ago, and so they "own the house". They claim if my dad and I can pay all of the monthly bills, we can stay here. If not they will sell the house and we will be kicked out.

I have 2 part time jobs (work from home). A car payment. I pay for half of all the bills. My dad is unemployed but gets disability and some other payment (he has epilepsy among other things, and takes a ton of medicines for it and other medical problems). However now he will not be receiving primary health insurance from my mom anymore and we are trying to get him medicare part D.

I feel the pressure of all of these things and I am having to handle all of the problems. I am basically my dad's caretaker now (although I have pretty much been for years anyway), which is why I need to work from home. I refuse to put my father in an "old folks home"

I can understand my mom wanting to be happy but she is abandoning my dad and I and leaving us (and she can, and does do everything her sister and mother tell her to do) and her mother and step-father have a significant amount of money and can do whatever they please, which is very intimidating.

Luckily I have a brother that I am close with and he is trying to help with everything (despite all of his financial woes and life issues, and that he busts his butt at with long hours at his job)

This is all a lot to deal with and I needed to vent.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions