SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

Disgusting, but necessary, jobs

calliope
16 years ago

Oh yeeeeuck. I am just wrapping up on defrosting and cleaning my freezer for the winter and I detest this job more than any I can think of in the house. Perhaps one reason I resent it so much is that this is a "better" frost-free freezer and still builds up a layer of ice in the bottom so thick it needs taken out, or the drawer doesn't open. The appliance repairman says this is a common quirk in this model, and was a poor design.

With the garden coming on so heavily, it's gotten to the point when I open the door, I am rained upon by heavy, frozen bags. LOL. So, today was the day, and I can inventory it at the same time, so I know what meats to buy ahead.....and how much room I have for things like home made noodles.

The surprise this year was package after package of nice sirloin pork roasts. I thought I was out of them, and keep buying more when they go on sale.

I also found several containers of five year old mince meat I remember considering throwing last year as it's too old. But, I stuck it back in the freezer for sentimental reasons. That's a really stupid concept, I figure today, as if it was too old to eat last year, It hasn't gotten any younger by this year.

OK, it's nearly done and I'm about ready to reload the stuff I have in ice chests covered with blankies. Ranking # 2 is cleaning toilets. I don't know what three is, but I think cleaning ovens.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
More Discussions