SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eyoung_gw

Bermuda lawn looks horrible. Mower destroying it!

eyoung
16 years ago

I posted in the lawn tractor forum, but didn't find any answers. I have a 3 month old John Deere LA120. About 3 weeks ago I started having trouble with mulching. It would leave clumps behind the right side of the deck. Since that time I have sharpened the blades, leveled the deck and tightened the belt. Things have gotten worse. Today I mowed after 6 days from last mowing. I mowed at 1.5". First I made a pass at 2" just to see where the growth was and it barely clipped the top. I then lowered it to 1.5 and the carnage began. Mower bogging down with grass clumping out. Grass basically being ripped out of the ground. I'm not talking swirl marks I mean ripped out where there is yellow grass and bare dirt. What else can I do? I have mowed as soon as 4 days with the same results. Is the grass too dense? Something wrong with the mower? I don't know! Change the air filter? Grease something? HELP!

I laid this Tifway II sod in the spring and it has looked beautiful. Now, it looks horrible! The worst it has looked all year. I have no idea what to do.

Comments (8)