SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
atekk_gw

What type of seed is best...confused!?

ATekk
12 years ago

So I am a huge fan of researching before taking on a new project or buying an expensive item. I have spent months now researching overseeding and I have to say I am officially on information overload with the amount of different opinions I have read...I need help!

So this is the big overseeding weekend for me. I have the core aerator rented for saturday, have my Lesco seed, Lesco starter, some peat moss, compost, straw and irrigation setup. As far as how to do it I feel I am fully prepared....but...I am swaying on the seed now after reading some more.

I purchased Lesco DoubleEagle PR because of all the positive feedback I have read here and elsewhere however I am starting to sway and want to go to a KBG. I know most people will say to def go with the KBG but my problem is I am having trouble finding a solid KBG seed, no Lesco near me and my local HD just has some small bags of the Scotts water retention KBG that is like 92% inert matter (blah).

My front and backyard pretty much get full sun all day. Am I overreacting? Will the PR be a solid grass choice and give me a nice clean/beautiful lawn (with the proper care) or is KBG that much better? Will planting the PR now let it fully make it through the winter with hopefully only some patch repair next spring?

I need to get it done this weekend as my schedule is packed later and it will also start getting too late into the season before I find another weekend that works.

Thank you all for your help!

Comments (6)