SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lutzd79_gw

Am I being inpatient or realistic?

lutzd79
16 years ago

Okay, so I am a lawn nut and am obsessed with my lawn! I am sure you all understand what I mean?

So this is the deal. I started my complete renovation in mid to late summer by having an irrigation system installed. Then I RU the entire yard and on Labor Day weekend, I rented a core aerator and slit seeder. I put down an elite blend of KBG (Award, Bedazzled, and Prosperity). I have followed the guidelines to a "T" on the proper watering schedule. I am getting anxious because I am around day 28 and I have about 80% germination, but I am concerned about the other 20% in which I don't see anything coming up. My first "babies" came up in about 6 days, but we have had unseasonably high temps and I have been watering to keep the ground moist.

Any thoughts? Should I just take a "chill pill" and wait until late fall/early spring to see the results of this renovation? Should I be realistic and assume that the 20% isn't coming and prepare for either a dormant overseeding or spring overseeding? If the 2nd option is the correct option i am trying to avoid using a slit seeder again, so I thought about dormant seeding as an option. Please help me with my anxiety!!!

Comment (1)