SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
counselor4444

Repotted Dendrobium Over the Weekend: check out my pics

counselor4444
15 years ago

So,

As many of you know, I bought my first dendrobium a few weeks ago. It came planted in a big coconut chunk. I have hated it ever since because I've had a very difficult time figuring out when to water it. I posted pics of it online and people said that it should be repotted because it's roots seemed to be coming out of the top of the coconut. However, I didn't want to repot it yet because it was still in bloom. Well... a week ago it almost fell off my windowsill and my husband grabbed it just in time... but by the flower stem... and it broke off. BAH! (He was horrified at my reaction! lol)

So, nothing stopping me now from replanting! Here are before and after pics from my repotting this weekend. I repotted in bark and didn't do much pruning (I was worried that I'd cut off roots that were still alive). I hope all of you approve. I am pleased to say that I got almost 100% of the chunk off my slowly soaking the chunk and then picking it off piece by piece as it softened. So, not a lot of root loss.

I won't water it again until it really dries out.

Before pics:

{{gwi:161932}}

{{gwi:161934}}

After pics:

{{gwi:170755}}

{{gwi:170757}}

Comments (2)