SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melenkolee

Well, I did it - check out my new Miranda!

14 years ago

Here's a link to some pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/melenkolee/sets/72157622068346588/

I obsessed about it all day, and on the way home stopped and picked one up. Now here come the questions!

It seems to be in decent shape, although I do expect some shock, especially after I re-pot it this weekend. The pot it's in is too small, no drainage and the medium seems really packed. I'll probably get it one similar to the philodendron hanging next to it. I'm planning to use sphagnum moss (not peat?) and perlite, 1:2 - good idea? Also, should I trim off the pitchers that are browning at the top? What about the one missing its lid? It's getting a bit of indirect light from the window, which it will get mostly in the morning but my yard is heavily shaded. So I plugged in my clamp lamp with a 25w 5.0 Reptiglo UVB compact florescent - is this ok or is there a better compact florescent? I happened to have this on hand because my turtle didn't like it and it has been sitting in the cabinet for awhile. Also, I have a misting bottle that I use for the slug tank (spoiled turtle) that is tap water with fish dechlorinater - is this ok for misting Miranda? Or should I just stick with the distilled I have for my d.adalae that hasn't arrived yet? Last question for now...what do you think about aqua globes? I have one in each of my 3 philodendrons (so far the only plant I haven't massacred, lol) and wonder if it would be worthwhile to put one in the nepenthes too?

I'm so excited I could spit! :)

Comments (11)

Sponsored