SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

gimme a gallon of A and D and a bottle of Quink

calliope
17 years ago

Young people have a different reality. Must have. They've grown up in a world driven by name brands and advertising. I was having a chuckle this morning just thinking about doing the marketing. I need to hit the office supply store and the grocery.

A few moons ago, I needed some ink for my drawing pen to some calligraphy for some advertising. I use the really old fashioned ink pens one dips into a well, instead of those with cartridges. One less thing to use up and throw away. I ask the young clerk where I might find ink. We walk there and there are pens and cartridges of every description. But, no ink. I ask for just a bottle of ink. Her face went totally blank. She asks me what I'd do with a bottle of ink. I explain that in the age of dinosaurs, pens were dipped into it, or the ink was drawn up in bladders for fountain pens. Uhm no, she says, we don't have bottles of ink! So, goes up front to see if anyone knows about ordering bottles of ink.

I am having a reality check and suddenly feeling older than dirt. Two male clerks also assure me the office supply house does not have, nor will they have bottles of ink. Maybe I need to go to an artist supply store? On my way out the door, I am intercepted by an assistant manager, who asks if I need help. I relay to him that yes, I wanted a bottle of ink, but there isn't any in the world anymore. He takes me to a different isle and there sits one solitary bottle. Of course we have ink! He states. Not according to your salespeople you don't. He then addresses the clump of kids at the register and asks them why they didn't get me the ink. We don't have any, answers the first girl. All we have is Quink. Obviously the name brand.

At the market, I see skimmmed milk, I see 2%, I see real and artificial creamers and I see soy milk......but I don't see any whole milk. I find the dairy helper and ask him to please go to the back and get me a jug of whole milk. He disappears and comes back and says they don't have any. My.......you ran out of milk? I ask incredulously. We have skim, soy, 2% and A and D. That's all. I ask to see it. Uh hum........the label says it's fortified with vitamins A and D. This is whole milk I tell him. No it's not he tells me, it's A and D milk. Ok. Give me some.

Comments (64)

Sponsored
More Discussions