SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

It's Time Again.......

16 years ago

Time to dredge up the old "What's for Supper" threads we used to post in the olden days of this forum. With the gardens, and markets coming on, it always gets interesting.

I've already made most of tonight's supper, and it's built around my garden produce, finally coming on after a cold, wet spring.

I've got a kettle of tender young string beans, my second mess from our garden, ready to start simmering with bacon and onion.

In the fridge is a huge pan of stuffed peppers. I suspect this is going to be a once-a-week meal until frost. The green peppers are outdoing themselves this year. I love them stuffed with a Spanish style rice, and that is how our family has always done it. But..........I found a nice alternative and now stuff them occasionally with Cajun style black beans and rice. Very spicy, and topped with shredded cheese to melt down into it.

There is half a loaf of French bread I baked yesterday as a go-with. A big platter of scrambled eggs, fresh from my gals in the hen house will finish it off.

Since they're egging nicely now, I need to be creative in ways to use them up. I have the ingredients handy for a pecan pie, and that'll take care of half a dozen right now. It could happen.

So, what's on your menu?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions