SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jazmynsmom

Throwing a pre-chemo hat/scarf shower

jazmynsmom
12 years ago

I friend of mine in the neighborhood was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. They did a lumpectomy, and she's about to embark on an eight month chemo odyssey, which will be Hades-like, but her prognosis is good. She's not really the "wig type" (her words) but she loves bling and sparkle, so (with her permission), a neighbor and I are throwing her a hat/scarf shower before the chemo starts. It'll be an excuse to bring a bunch of people together to show her love and encouragement and be both positive and honest about what she's about to go through. Plus, she'll walk away with a ton of stylish and comfy coverings for her soon-to-be-bald head.

I know a lot of people here have gone through/are going through chemo. Does any one have any suggestions for how to make this pre-chemo event more fun/special for her? (We're doing alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails and light summery hors d'oeuvres, NO SHOWER GAMES, and presents.) I'm putting together a gift bag which also includes a good lotion, and one of those pillow thingies to keep the seat belt strap off your boob. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
More Discussions